Monday, January 25, 2010

WHO DAT!!!!!

VERY excited to have the New Orleans Saints win a conference championship (first time in franchise history) and go to the Superbowl. The game was a nail-biter that came down to a field goal in overtime. I yelled, the pets stared. It was a very intense couple of hours, but it ended well.

WHO DAT DEY SAY GONNA BEAT DEM SAINTS!!!!!!

Well, realistically speaking, let's hope it's not Peyton Manning and the Colts. I think they're going to be a HUGE challenge.

In other news, it was a fabulous weekend. DARA was Saturday and our guest speaker was none other than Killer Fiction's Christie Craig who gave a VERY informative workshop and entertained the hell out of everyone with one of her stories about things that could only happen to her. Congrat, Christie - you were a roaring success.

I also got the new cover for SHOWDOWN IN MUDBUG and LOVE IT!!!!!!!! Dorchester has the absolute best cover artists. Check this out and tell me you don't think it's the cutest thing ever.



Deadly DeLeon

14 comments:

Terri Osburn said...

"All signs point to a happy ending."

I LOVE THAT! And I thought of you when the Saints won. LOL! I was rooting for them and watched the first half, then turned it over to Emma on PBS. Was very happy when I clicked back over to see the victory celebrations.

Jana DeLeon said...

Thanks, Terri! I think it might be my favorite cover yet. And WHOO Saints!

Tori Lennox said...

The new cover totally rocks!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree... super cute cover !

Dru said...

I love this cover. I can't wait to read this one.

Jana DeLeon said...

Thanks Tori, Emmanuelle, and Dru! I am totally cover-geeked. :)

Brandy said...

The cover is all sorts of awesome!

Jana DeLeon said...

Thanks, Brandy!

Chelsea B. said...

That is the BEST cover!! LOVE IT!!

Christie Craig said...

Great Cover Jana!!!

And it was so much to see you, too.

CC

Jana DeLeon said...

Thanks, Chelsea!

Jana DeLeon said...

Thanks, Christie - it was fabulous seeing you, too! And hilarious - but that's a given. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, Jana,

I'm over the moon about the Saints' win, too. Although it is kinda sad . . . Archie's team vs. Archie's Son's team. Oh, no!

But whatever happens, it'll be a grand party.

Faye

ps: You do realize that Christie stole all her best stories from me, don't you?

Jana DeLeon said...

LOL Faye - Christie did not give you credit for the story, but either way, it's hilarious! And yes, going to be a VERY interesting Superbowl, but I'm pulling for the Saints! How cool would that be?