Monday, January 18, 2010

Tired DVR

My DVR is tired. This weekend was full of things to record. I don't "do" live television because it's clogged with commercials for stuff I don't need. Also, it's not efficient. I can watch an entire football game in 45 minutes or less using the remote to fast forward to the actual plays. No commentating, no standing around in the huddle, no waiting for the injured to get off the field.

It was a great football weekend because the Saints DESTROYED the Cardinals. I really hope they can bring a conference championship and maybe, just maybe a Superbowl to Louisiana. It would be a first for both. I like the underdogs, and well, it sorta IS my home state.

I also recorded (but haven't yet watched) a new show called Human Target. It looked kinda fun and the lead actor is the guy from Keen Eddie back several years ago, if any of you watched that. I like him. He's good at funny and the show looks serious/funny, if you know what I mean.

Supercross also started up last weekend, so I had another race to watch this weekend. Go Stewart! House is also finally back and with new episodes.

And the best - AMERICAN IDOL IS BACK!!!!!!

I just LOVE tryout time on AI. Did everyone see the crazy dude with the glasses? He looked like a serial killer. The bad part was, his voice isn't that bad, but he creeps everyone out with that stalker thing he has going. I agreed with Kara who said "I need to bathe" after he left the room. He creeped me out and I was sitting on my couch thousands of miles away and months after their taping. Yuck.

Hear a LOT of really good singers already, so the season is shaping up to be a good one.

So what about you - any of your favorites started up yet?

And I'm going to leave you with a picture of my cousin, a new Jana DeLeon reader:


Have a great week!

Deadly DeLeon

7 comments:

Becky LeJeune said...

I didn't watch any of these. In fact, tivo would do me well since I was trying to get some reading in.

I was curious about Human Target -- I was a big fan of Keen Eddie (in fact, everyone I know was, so I really think canceling was a bad move, but no one ever asked me).

Jana DeLeon said...

I wish someone HAD asked us, Becky. I thought Keen Eddie was hilarious!

Pippin is the one that cracked me up the most. You can have so much fun with secondary characters. :)

Leslie Langtry said...

I too loved Keen Eddie. Don't know if I'll watch tho. It looks like Human Target perpetuates every bodyguard myth in existence and Mr. Assassin hates that. ;)

Anonymous said...

Pretty cool site you've got here. Thanks for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Jana DeLeon said...

Leslie - Oh, I'm sure it will be silly, but it's a comedy (I think). I will have to let you know after I watch it.

Terri Osburn said...

I love my DVR! I watched every episode of AI last season, but this year I think I'll wait until after the auditions. I'm excited Castle and Bones are both back with new episodes and I think White Collar starts new again this week. Can't wait to see if Peter is really a bad guy or not.

I meant to record Human Target but forgot. Maybe they'll show it again this week or I can catch it online. You'll have to let us know what you think.

Cute babe! Oh, and I'm pulling for the Saints. I told the guys at work they'd go all the way before the playoffs started and they all laughed at me. Well who's laughing now?!

Jana DeLeon said...

Terri - I'm not laughing! WhoDat?!