Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas is Over

Christmas is over, but the tree still twinkles. All the gifts are opened. The leftovers are almost gone from the refrigerator. So what did Santa leave you this year? Do you have some New Year’s resolutions forming in your head?

As for what Santa brought me? As I type this, I’m sitting on my vibrating and heating chair cover I received from my daughter and son-in-law, so if my words are little shaky you know why. My son gave me a very beautiful Christmas tree. A seven-footer, and it’s still filling the house with holiday scents. Hubby gave me an antique table for my living room, a pair of earrings, and an antique stain glass window. Mom gave me jewelry and my dad gave me a GPS for my car. No more getting lost. Yeah, right. I don’t know if I can drive and listen at the same time--but at least when I get lost, now I can blame it on the electronic device. And then there’s the cold/flu Santa left for me under the tree. Ugg. Let’s not forget the extra few pounds from all those holiday treats. Bet you can guess some of my New Year resolutions, huh.

Then there’s the writing news that I’ve received in the last few weeks. Good news. Fabulous news.

Weddings Can Be Murder has been nominated for the Reviewers’ Choice Best Romantic Suspense for 2008 from Romantic Times. Wow, talk about surprised and delighted. And then, just this morning, I was notified that Barbara Vey of Publishers Weekly has posted a review of Divorced, Desperate and Dating up at her blog. If you have a chance, pop over there and post a comment. I’m doing a happy dance in my vibrating chair. http://www.publishersweekly.com/blog/880000288/post/1330038333.html

Okay, I hope everyone has a happy after-Christmas weekend. We all probably worked really hard for the holiday. I know I did. All the shopping, wrapping, cooking can be exhausting. So relax and don’t panic, but you do realize that you’ve only got 363 days before the next one.

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!

Crime Scene Christie

10 comments:

Gemma Halliday said...

Oh no! Sorry about the cold. Hope you feel better. Seems like Santa was generous spreading that one around this year.

Congrats on the award and fab review!!

~Gemma

Christie Craig said...

Thanks Gemma.

And I can't wait to hear the "whole" story about the meet-the-parents night. I think you've got the whole Killer Fiction audience holding their breath.

CC

Refhater said...

Congrats on the award!

Estella said...

My family doesn't exchange gifts.
I don't make resolutions---prefer to call them goals.My only goal is to lose about 15 pounds in the New Year.

Christie Craig said...

Refhater,

Thanks so much. I'm seriously still in awe. Honored doesn't even begin to say how I feel.

CC

Christie Craig said...

Estella,

When all the bills start rolling in, I'm sure some of us wish we had your family's traditions.

My hubby even commented that I didn't spend as much this year.

And goals and resolutions all kind of fall into the same boat for me, too. Good luck with those 15 pounds. I'm going for 35. But since I'm up to 13 minutes on the torture machine, I think I can do it.

Thanks for stopping in.

CC

Unknown said...

Congrats on your award Christie!

We all had a good Chritmas this year. Yesterday was hubbies birthday so we spent the day in town shopping. I still don't have all the Christmas mess cleaned up but and working on it.

My goal this year is to loose at least 20 lbs which I will need a whole lot of luck for this. I can't seem to loose weight any more. I blame it on my age.

Christie Craig said...

Virginia,

Tell hubby Happy Birthday. Don't worry too much about the mess. Ugg. I still have a few piece of Christmas wrapping left around here and there. Hey...the cats are certain those pieces of ribbons and bows are their Christmas gifts.

And hey...I'll encourage you to lose that 20 if you'll encourage me to lose my 35.

Hope your New Year is fabulous.

CC

Lucy said...

I don't do resolutions - I do goals. I have two that I didn't quite accomplish this year that I will roll over into 2009 - have scandalously inappropriate affair (although there are still a few days left in the year so I suppose it could still happen) and get a passport, which I couldn't accomplish even if I started the ball rolling first thing tomorrow morning.

To add to that, I have to lose the 25+ pounds that seem to have attached themselves to my body in 2008 (definitely wasn't a goal - just something that happened on its own and I can't say I'm happy about it).

I have writerly goals too. I plan to submit this year. No, seriously! I have a story that's already plotted (in my head anyway) and I even have a synopsis already written for it. I'd like to start querying it before I go back to school (January 20).

So, that's the plan - we'll see how it goes. :)

Christie Craig said...

Lucy,

((have a scandalously inappropriate affair (although there are still a few days left in the year so I suppose it could still happen))

Too funny girl. But hey, you're right, there's still time.

Thanks so much for stopping in.

CC