Friday, May 14, 2010

Rant

I’m generally a pretty laid back person, but lately there is something that is driving my crazy. Seriously crazy. It’s my neighbor next door. Or, more accurately, his yard.

So, when we first moved in , the building next door had flooded. The guy living there had had enough and was moving out. Two weeks later, repairs on the flood began. Which meant that first thing in the morning (we’re talking 6am here, as soon as the sun was up) there was a worker outside our bedroom window. And I mean RIGHT outside. Two feet away. Banging, digging, clanging. And the worst part - it was just one worker. We prayed he worked fast.

After a week of being awakened by lone worker at sunrise every morning (mind you, the man works nights, so he’s only just gotten to bed and I’m with the baby getting up all night, so I’ve really only just got to bed by then, too) lone worker brought friends. Three of them to finish up the job. They all spoke Spanish. Loudly. Then started singings. (Serenity now!!)

Finally, after digging up their whole yard and replacing all the plumbing, the work was done. Yay! We were looking forward to a peaceful night’s sleep for once.

That night at 3 am, sprinklers right outside our window gurgled to life (like a geyser) and proceeded to pelt the outside wall of our bedroom with water. It sounded like a fire hose or pressure washer.

Then, at 4:30, the same sprinklers went on again!

Every night since then, we get pressure washed at 3am and 4:30. Every. Single. Night.

Last night, we’d finally had enough. The man and I both popped out of bed (cursing, I might add) and scoured every window to find which was the offending sprinkler head. We think we found it. It’s out by the sidewalk. My plan today? Break the sucker off.

Okay, that’s my rant. Anyone else have something you wanna get off your chest? Free rant session today!


~Trigger Happy Halliday

4 comments:

Terri Osburn said...

No judge would convict you for breaking every sprinkler head over there. Except that would bring the workers back. I'd never have made it this long. That's just nuts.

I'm ranting today about my coworkers. Slackers, every one. The weather is gorgeous here and the boss is on vacation so they all LEFT by noon. All of them. There are maybe three of us in the entire office and I'm stuck back here at a temp desk near the warehouse surrounded by paint fumes and not a window one to at least see the pretty sunshine.

Gah! I'm rebelling by refusing to do another work related thing for the rest of the day. So there.

Gemma Halliday said...

Not even a window? That totally sucks!! I feel a margarita night coming on...

Okay, I got a group of rowdy neighborhood boys to agree to do my dirty work for me. I have high hopes of sleep tonight!

catslady said...

I'm not thrilled with my neighbors either. Most of them are retired and spend their entire day outside - lawn mowers, weed wackers, leaf blowers etc. The one is on my bedroom side and sometimes starts as early as 7 in the morning (I usually am up until 2 or 3AM). If I try to open my windows it sounds like they're in the room with me, especially when they yell at each other since neither of them can hear.

Becky LeJeune said...

Oh, man. That sucks! I have complaints, but the kids next door have been surprisingly pretty quiet (for them) lately and I'm going to enjoy it as long as I can. Now if the temps outside will just reach 70 and stay there.