Friday, May 07, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy early Mother’s Day!

It’s my first Mother’s Day as a mom of two, so I’m feeling twice as lucky this year. :) Mr. 10-year-old already gave me his gift… a purse… does he know me or what? He also gave me a set of candlesticks, but he said they are from the baby. Nice of him to help his brother out with a gift like that, huh?

This year I decided to do something different for Mother's Day. In an effort to whip this mommy body back into shape, I’m supposed to run my first 5K on Sunday. Only, I threw my back out holding the wiggly little worm this week. Gah! I’m currently icing and stretching in hopes I’m back together by Sunday. Wish me luck!

As for my own mom, I got a little help from the publishing industry in giving her a Mother’s Day gift this year. A story I wrote about her last year was picked up to be published in the Chicken Soup for the Soul: Thanks Mom: 101 Stories of Gratitude, Love and Good Times book! I’m super excited, and so is she! The story is about her adventures in dating… which are almost as wacky as mine were! (Almost. So far she has found any bodies in closets or dated any pirates.)
Chicken Soup for the Soul: Thanks Mom: 101 Stories of Gratitude, Love and Good Times

Anyone else have fun plans for Mother’s Day?

~Trigger Happy halliday

3 comments:

Kathy Bacus said...

That's fabulous about your 'Chicken Soup' mom story being picked up, Gemma.

Hugs on the back problem though. Hope you're better soon. With all those books to write, you have a lot of 'chair time' in your future.
There will be other 5k runs to participate in.

Happy Mother's Day to you and your Mum!

~Kat

Phyllis Bourne said...

Congrats on the story, Gemma. What a cool Mother's Day present for your Mom!

Go easy on the back. Hope it's back to normal soon.

Gemma Halliday said...

Thanks, ladies! I hope so, too! Still icing right now... typing and icing.

~Gemma