Friday, May 28, 2010

I hate sprinklers... and really need some sleep

Okay, sprinkler update (because I know you are all dying to know):


My grandfather came over last weekend and had the brilliant idea to put a brick over the offending sprinkler. We did. It worked like a charm the first night. But then the second night, someone moved the brick. Jerks. I moved it back. Great night’s sleep. Third night, someone moved it again. Gah! Would encasing the sprinkler head in wet cement be going too far?

And we encountered another problem… a second sprinkler. Turn out, when the first one is under brick, the water pressure of the others is higher. Which means the second farthest one from our bedroom now pelts the wall.

Whimper.

The Man suggested we go stick a wine cork in the sprinkler head to stop it up. That is plan B.

(Can you tell how obsessed I’ve become with sprinklers? Three full blog posts it’s occupied. If the men in white coats come to take me away, I’ll likely be curled in a fetal position in the corner, rocking and muttering, “sprinklers, sprinklers, sprinklers”.)

Okay, when I haven’t been obsessing about lawn care this week, I’ve been gearing up to teach a series of online workshops this summer. I had a lot of fun doing this last year, so I’ve expanded them this year to include a couple new ones. You can check them all out on my website at:
http://www.gemmahalliday.com/classes

The first one on power editing, called What Not to Write, starts June 7th, so if anyone wants a little kick in the pants to get that manuscript in tip top shape, check it out.


~Trigger Happy Halliday

No comments: