Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day!

I'm a little late to the game today. Yes, I know it's Monday, but it's a holiday, so it doesn't register like a regular Monday. Thank Goodness! Have I ever told you all how I hate Mondays....this week? So this morning, I got up bright and early at 6:30 am and wrote until 10:30, then headed out to see Prince of Persia.

I really liked it. Of course, staring at Jake Gyllenhaal for a couple of hours is hardly torture, and the movie was good too. (grins)

Lately, for relaxation (what little I attempt) I've been trying to do some crafty sort of stuff while watching tv. I added glass beads to a candle holder a couple of weeks ago that turned out nicely and then some people on one of the writer's forums I visit turned me on to a new website. You can create your own stuff (kinda like Cafe Press, for those that are familiar with it), but this place seems to have more selection. You create graphics or take pics, upload them to the objects and create your own stuff. You can also create your own store with your stuff and get a commission on the sale.

Despite attempting to learn Photoshop for over a year now, I have to say it still gives me the craps, but I'm getting better. Unfortunately, not better enough, fast enough, so I cheated and got a cheap, easy-to-use graphics software to play with. So here's my official store.

As you can see, I've only managed a couple of things and clearly I have some color preferences and like the girly stuff, but it is kinda fun. Not sure I'm ever going to purchase that notebook for $18, but the mousepad and the coffee mug are maybes.

And I'd also like to apologize ahead of time for anyone who visits the site and gets sucked into the graphic designing hole.

Deadly DeLeon

No comments: