Saturday, September 19, 2009

What memory?

Yes, it’s true, I totally forgot to blog yesterday. I suck. But, in my defense, somehow pregnancy hormones have made me forget just about everything. Seriously – everything. I’ve become that lady who stands there with her keys in her hand looking all over the house for her keys.

And it’s even worse when it comes to writing. My current manuscript is full of blank lines where I’ve totally forgotten characters’ names, where they live, the kind of car they’re driving. I know I should write this stuff down to keep it all straight… but I keep forgetting to do that. Yesterday I was right in the middle of a scene when I totally forgot what the point of the scene was. I know I had one. And it might even have been good. But it’s gone now. Oh, and remembering who-done-it? Forget about it. I think it changes from chapter to chapter. Right along with motive.
Yep, this book is going to be a really fun one to edit.

So, if anyone has any good memory tricks, I’m all ears!

~Trigger Happy Halliday

7 comments:

Shel said...

Sorry, no memory tricks, but that totally cracked me up. So thanks, and good luck!

Whitney Vanderbilt said...

Not to worry, once your little bundle of joy arrives your memory will get back to normal... just then you will be so sleepy you won't be able to spell your name. It is all worth it though, there is nothing better than being a mom :)

Best of luck with your impending delivery!

Terri Osburn said...

For you, my recommendation would be to give birth. LOL! But as we all know, that does not bring those memory cells back.

Ginko maybe? I tried taking it once, but I couldn't remember to take the pills. (Saw that coming a mile away, didn't you?)

Dru said...

No memory tricks here either. Good luck!

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

I've always said that each pregnancy blots out half of your brain cells. The only reason anyone with two or more kids has any left, is because some of them manage to regrow.

I'm sorry, what was I talking about?

Brandy said...

I make lists. And put them where I am sure to see them. *G* That usually works, most of the time. *G*

Leah said...

I appreciate the heads-up.

No advice on this end, though, either. Just don't get bogged down - keep writing. Sez the editor. ;-)