Thursday, September 24, 2009

Lovin' it in Translation!

I needed a pick-me-up this week. First off, my two day garage roofing project took twice that long and it now looks like a tiny lofted home with a monster roof and peaks that need to be painted and primed that I can't (and won't) attempt to paint myself. Then I end up with three nails from said roofing project in the Jimmy's tire. And Tuesday my daughter calls me at work to report the out-of-control pear tree with heavy, inedible fruit has split down the middle of the trunk due to the weight of the tasteless pears and one-third of it has toppled over. The good news? It missed my new garage roof by mere inches. The bad news? I have to hire a tree service to take the rest of the tree down.

As I said, I could use a little something to brighten my week. And I got it.

A few days ago I received copies of my first German translation sale for my paranormal rom-com, FIANCE AT HER FINGERTIPS!

I must admit it was somewhat weird seeing my name on the cover with all the German words. And on the back cover copy, the only words I recognized were 'Doris Day' and 'Rock Hudson'. Hehe.


Below is a reminder of how the book was packaged here in the states.

A wee bit different, huh? So, whatdya think? Like or no like?
I really love this book and I'm just thrilled readers in Germany and points beyond will have an opportunity to hopefully enjoy it.
Coming next week: photos of the back yard/garage debacle...
Bullet Hole~

6 comments:

Wendy Roberts said...

I love all the covers! Very cool!!

Oh and I have one of those inedible pear trees. Turns out their 'cooking pears'. Last year I made a bunch of 'apple' pies mixing half an apple and a couple pears in each pie. That was the best I could come up with. Of course that only took care of a half dozen of the hundreds of pears. I'm leaving the rest to the squirrels.

Kathy Bacus said...

Unfortunately, my pears attract critters like 'possums and raccoons, Wendy. The other night I stepped out on the patio after dark and was greeted by two very large glowing eyes belonging to one very scary, hissing possum. From that point on, I carry my tennis racket outside after dark just in case.

They frown on discharging shotguns in town...

Go figure.

~Kathy~

Terri Osburn said...

Congrats on getting roof done, kudos for NOT trying to paint it yourself, and super-congrats on the new cover. I love that new cover. Someday, when I have a cover *drifts off on a dream* I want it to look just like that. But I'm a fan of reddish-pinks, so that likely plays a part.

Sorry about the pear tree. As a total plant idiot, can I ask why the pears are inedible?

catslady said...

Oh, I love that cover!! A neighbor two doors up just majorly trimmed their pear tree lol. Pears would end up rolling down the street and I always wondered why they didn't pick them or give them away.

Brandy said...

I like the German cover. Very pretty!

M. said...

Has anyone translated the German title for you? It's something like 'I Bewitch Myself a Man'. So, not just the cover art is different....