Wednesday, August 05, 2009

These Are A Few of My Favorite Things...

I've had a lot of questions recently from fans who ask, "What goes on inside your head, exactly?" I decided it was time to show a few of my favorite stuff...the stuff that would(should a volcano erupt in Illinois or a sandstorm bury the midwest) make an archeologist tilt his head like a confused chihuahua wondering if haggis is edible.

Welcome to my world:


This is the best bag EVER! It's based on an actual Harlequin novel, written by a MAN. But the best thing is the title, combined with the bloody knife in the woman's hand, her smug demeanor and the look of horror of the guy behind her. It is true...you never know with women.


A photo of the faculty wives club at a small Iowa college in the 50's, admiring a painting they'd recently acquired. Check out the sight line of the woman looking at the photo.


Another photo by the same artist. Same women's club at the NYC Met. She's holding two purses so somebody's in the bathroom and look what frames her.


Another favorite - 3 suffragettes. I have this not only because I'm a feminist, but also because you can tell what each woman is thinking by the look on her face.


I love tea and the fact it's a pink elephant explains why I like "tea."


This is a treasure. Some friends of mine, um, borrowed this sign from a women's restroom because I loved it and talked about it so much. You did not see this. I disavow all knowledge of this sign.


My friend Jane gave me this mug. Remember Gin Bombay and the 4 dozen cookies Vivian the Evil PTA president wanted her to bake?

So tell me, what's in your office?

The Assassin

8 comments:

EmilyBryan said...

Thanks for sharing, Leslie! I especially enjoyed the pic of the woman studiously NOT looking at the naked male statues. What a hoot!

You made my day!
Emily

Leslie Langtry said...

Emily, I know! It cracks me up every time I look at it. And what's great is, it was a woman photog who took it. I love how the subject doesn't have a hair out of place and why-oh-why wear heels to the Metropolitan with it's miles of walking?

Terri Osburn said...

One of my friends said she had to pack that bag in her suitcase because she just couldn't be seen traveling with that picture on a bag. I thought that was no fun at all.

Gotta love the lady looking back at the painting. It's probably the first time she'd seen one of those. I can't see the painting that well, but does that take the place of your "shaved puppy" shot?

Leslie Langtry said...

I hope it's not the first time she's seen one of those! That would mean she never takes off her underwear and that is gross.

Shaved puppy shot! I almost forgot! Let me figure out how to do that...

Kim Castillo said...

Leslie-you are far too funny!

My office is so far buried under work stuff that I can't tell you what's in it that's cool. LOL. Oh, the remains of my Australia Cadbury favorites candy that I snuck away from my son before he devoured them.

Leslie Langtry said...

Unfortunately, you have to hide them from him. It is only in his best interest that he not have Australian candy. Trust me on this.

Suzan Harden said...

In my home office, I have a sign my staff made eons ago when I still practiced law.

Wicked Witch

In
Out
Don't Make Me Get the Flying Monkeys!

Leslie Langtry said...

Suzan, that's a good sign!