Monday, August 31, 2009

Movie Madness

Sorry for the posting delay. I had to be into work at 7:00 am and I'm just now getting awake enough and out of meetings enough to post.

So today, I have a rant. Shocker, right? That "I" would have something to complain about? And this complaint is a two-parter.

Yesterday, I went to see The Final Destination in 3-D. For those of you who don't love the horror circuit, this is one of those more new-age versions of a slasher movie and I think there have been 3 other Final Destination movies prior to this one. So my first complaint is the upcharge for the 3-D glasses. They charge you $3.00 more and claim it's for the glasses, but you can't use the glasses again for another 3-D movie - even though it's the exact same glasses! Then, to add insult to injury (IMHO) they place these big bins outside the theatre for people to drop their glasses in to "recycle." Are you kidding me? The only thing recycling is the theatre's profit.

Now, understand that my main problem with this charge is the manner in which it's presented. If the charge was included in the cost of the actual ticket in order to cover the effects cost of 3-D effect, then I wouldn't complain. But to claim you're charging me for the same tool over and over and over again, but I'm not allowed to reuse it is just setting yourself up for this argument from customers over and over again.

Anyway, I will likely have 100 pair of 3-D glasses at my house before this new trend is over, because darn if I'm contributing more to their bottom line. Heck, the cost of popcorn alone probably paid their utility bill for the month.

Second complaint - why do some people think it is perfectly okay to bring a 4-year old to a slasher movie? Hello! Are you TRYING to breed the next biggest serial killer? Have you watched one too many episodes of Dexter and think you need one of your own?

Idiots.

Deadly DeLeon

5 comments:

Terri Osburn said...

Kiddo and I did 3D not long ago (Monsters vs. Aliens, I believe) and did not pay extra for the glasses. It's pretty obvious they use the same ones all the time.

However, a couple weeks ago I went to a movie and forgot to smuggle my water bottle in my person as usual. I paid $4.25 for a freaking bottle of water. If that isn't extortion and price gauging, I don't know what is.

♥ Dawn said...

They probably brought the four year old because they couldn't afford popcorn AND a babysitter. LOL!

Jana DeLeon said...

Terri - I know, the prices are horrific. I always try to catch the earliest feature to save on the ticket price, otherwise, I'd pay a fortune for the movie since I HAVE to have popcorn or there's just no reason to go. :)

Jana DeLeon said...

Dawn - Great theory, but they didn't have any popcorn. I just think stupidity is rampant and breeding. (sigh)

Christie Craig said...

Jana,

If you are married a Craig, you don't expect popcorn at the movies. He'll take you out before or after to a nice dinner, but he feels robbed when he pays for the movie prices for the popcorn and such.

Now, if I wanted popcorn, I would get it. But as it happens, it's one of those things I can live without.

CC