Monday, June 29, 2009

Monday Morning Ugh

Did NOT want to wake up this morning. Or maybe it's more accurate to say, waking up was okay, GETTING up was something I didn't want to do. I swear if my company would let us work 4 10/hr days instead of 5 8hr/days, I'd go for it and Monday would be my day off! I think it's the heat. We've hit those 100+ days here in Texas and it just seems to drain the life out of you.

I have a doctor's appointment this morning, so I'm going to be brief. Two things - first, see The Proposal! Excellent movie. Great script. Fantastic acting. Best romantic comedy I've seen in forever.

Second. I've been on my trying to exercise kick again and since the heat makes me not want to go outside, I pulled out some exercise videos I bought last year. Gave one a try last Wednesday. HIP HOP AEROBICS. Hey, it sounded fun. Well........right. Let's just say: there was hopping, and it was definitely aerobic, and I'm pretty sure I threw out a hip (or two - does the other side count as two), but I know I didn't look anything like an MTV video.

What the heck happened? I was a gymnast when I was young - I had balance. I had rhythm. Where did it go? Now, I'm sure I got a workout - and I'm positive the dog loved it. He hopped right along with me, barking - it was like having a little furry drill sargeant yelling at me. But heaven help us all if someone ever had a hidden camera in my house and posted that on YouTube. I'd have to leave the planet. I'm quite sure I'll never be auditioning for SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE.

I don't think it was quite as bad as the Latin dance dvd, but it was very close.

Oh well, must run hop in the shower. Everyone have a great start of the week and an even better end!

7 comments:

Terri Osburn said...

I keep saying I'm going to pull out my exercise DVDs. And I should since I know the pilates one works. I have a latin one, but no hip hop. It would certainly mix things up.

I didn't want to get up this morning either, but then that happens everyday anymore. Stupid kitten needs he's dang clock reset. In fact, I about clocked him this morning!

Terry S said...

I could just imagine trying to do that with my two dogs. One has springs in her back legs and she would be doing the drill sergeant thing one inch from my nose. With the warmer nicer weather lately I've been extending the length of the dogs daily walks instead. I've really been enjoying them and the dogs come home exhausted. I never was a gymnast and my balance has never been the best. Add to that I am tone deaf and klutzy. It is beyond my imagination what a You Tube video of me doing hip hop would look like!

Keri Ford said...

getting around the 100 degree mark for us to. HOT. Am glad to report that it is overcast today and it's much cooler.

Of late, I've been a big diet cheater. and I can tell. Not just because of the scale, but how I feel. OMG, total slug, sprinkle salt on me and I'll melt. So glad to be back on a right eating schedule. Though...those lemon cookies are calling for me.

Jana DeLeon said...

LOL terrio - sometimes the Sheltie gets a bit "ambitious" a little too early. I know the feeling.

Jana DeLeon said...

Terry - adding tone deaf to the mix is definitely not in your favor, but the hopping dogs would probably more than make up for it - at least that's what I like to think.

Jana DeLeon said...

Keri - ooooooh, lemon cookies.....yes, I've been fighting the exercise and diet demons myself. I'm sending good health vibes your way!

Gemma Halliday said...

I feel you, Jana. It's been over 100 here the past few days, too. I broke down and bought a maternity bathing suit and am living at the pool. Of course the bathing suit is black and with the baby bulge (it's no longer small enough to be considered a bump) I look a little like Shamu floating among the regular sized swimmers.

~Gemma