Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Just A Quickie...


Me and the kids on the Empire State Building. The interesting part is that they begged to go there only to tell us they were both afraid of heights once we got there.

As you read this, I will be driving back from New Jersey to the Quad Cities in one day. That's right, 15.7 hours in a minivan with my two kids, tons of junk food, not enough entertainment, constant bickering and leg cramps. Sounds like a dream, doesn't it? Bet you wish you were me.

We came to New Jersey to visit Mr. Assassin on his three day leave. We spent a day in Manhattan, which caused Margaret to tell us over and over and over that she will be studying music at Julliard and living in New York City. I figure I've got excellent blackmail material since money isn't the issue at Julliard - you have to get in on talent. So each afternoon, I'll be able to tell her how her dreams will die and she'll have to live at home if she doesn't practice her trumpet. I'm totally set for the next 8 yrs.

This is going to have to be a short post, since I'm packing, loading the car and gearing up to wake in six hours for my all day drive from hell with two cranky and sunburned kids.

Next week I'll fill you in on the whole trip. Until then...I'm sure you'll fantasize about being me.

The Assassin

5 comments:

Refhater said...

Have a safe trip home Leslie.

I've done many of those marathon driving trips and feel your pain. Just remember it could be worse. Your kids could be younger and you could be forced to listen to Elmo, Barney, and the like the whole trip. At least they're old enough to use ipods and portable DVD's now.


Excellent picture of you guys!

Hellie Sinclair said...

Safe driving, Assassin! And blackmail is always crucial!

Bookmobiler said...

"if she doesn't practice her trumpet. I'm totally set for the next 8 yrs.",

I'm not sure eight years of trumpet practice is such a good return on your blackmail.

Estella said...

Have a safe trip.
I DO NOT envy you.

Terri Osburn said...

Been there, done that, had to invest in the hair color.

Safe driving!