Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Go Back Into The Bookstore...



Yesterday was Book Launch Day! Woo hoo! And my new website is up! Life is good. Like, new PRADA kitten heels that go with everything/calorie free cheesecake and a pet parrot who can insult people in Swahili - good.

See that stack of books up there? Those are MY books! I've always wanted to see a stack of my books. And not a stack of the same book, either. I know that seems like a strange fantasy - but it's been in my head since 2nd grade. My brother Nathan dreamed of becoming an architect. My sister, Jenny, dreamed of becoming a foul-mouthed electrician and appearing in one of my books one day. I wanted this.

Each book launch day has been special whether it's my first book or fourth and I've been sober for at least one of them. I always imagine the characters in that book having a red carpet moment, recieving adulation and praise while I stand there in my Maleficent costume and grin like a proud parent.

As I eat my Klondike Bar and drink my Moet Chandon White Star champagne, I think about this family that I created out of thin air. Hard to believe this series started with a dream brought on by indigestion.

It doesn't matter what I do from here. The Bombays will always be real and special (not like "short bus" special, but you know what I mean) to me.

So buy the book, check out the new website and beg me to write in a scene where you loofah one of my characters (Hellion, I still don't get why that's sexy). Me and the Bombays will be right here.

Have a great Fourth of July!

The Assassin

19 comments:

Suzan Harden said...

Finally! Cy's here!

Loofah? Really? Umm, only if I was a Bombay torturing someone to locate a Vic, maybe.

Refhater said...

Congrats on the book launch! I had won a galley copy of the book in your "What if" contest back in April. It's awesome! I read the entire book the first day I had it. Couldn't put it down.

I'll be reading it and the other 3 books again while my dad's in the hospital for the next couple days after an emergancy surgery. (It's been an interesting last couple of days...)

I could totally see why a loofah scene with one of the male Bombay's would be sexy. Hot man, hot water, loofah, soap... Perfecto! Count me in for that scene!

Terri Osburn said...

I just want to be outside that RV when Cy gets the paper. Or rather, inside the RV to share the paper with him.

Hit the B&N last night and found the ONE copy they had on the shelf. Because of me, you are now SOLD OUT at the B&N on Va Beach Blvd. LOL!

Leslie Langtry said...

I think of a loofah as torture too. Terrio, I'll join you outside that trailer. Refhater - I'm so glad you liked it!

Becky LeJeune said...

Yay, congrats!

Leslie Langtry said...

Thanks Becky! I'm trying to find a way to wear all four books around my neck, like a book boa!

Gemma Halliday said...

OMG, I'm so excited! It's heeeeeeere! *rushing off to Amazon*
Congrats!!! That's one hot looking stack.

I've been sober for at least one of them.

Have I mentioned lately how much I love you?

~Gemma

Hellie Sinclair said...

When I'm loofahing Cy, we're in the shower. Men look awesome with soapy shower gel bubbles...that's the only sort of loofahing I was talking about. *LOL* Not the Turkish genuine kind of loofahing. I'm not authentic or anything, I was just thinking of long, hot, soapy showers.

In fact, I'm thinking of one right now.

I love that pile of books. And you know what's cooler: I have that exact pile of books on my KEEPER shelf and I recommend them to all my friends if they say they're looking for something funny and different.

I love the image of having a pile of books with just my name on them...different books...but I also think it's cool that out there, someone else might also think of them as KEEPERS and have them on their shelf.

Hellie Sinclair said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hellie Sinclair said...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/34/98906442_5ec3cd5e88.jpg?v=0

This is a loofah in my vernacular. Which is about as authentic as calling a Pepsi a coke.

Leslie Langtry said...

Gemma, I love you too! Let me know what you think!

Hellion, it's your fantasy. You can exfoliate Cy if you want to! I'd prefer to oil him up like a gladiator, but that's just me.

Brandy said...

I picked up my copy and have read it already. Not to be a big 'ol spoiler lady, but please tell me this isn't the last Bombay book!?

Cheeky Girl said...

Leslie, this was the first book of yours that I read, and I loved it!

The very nice publicity dept. at Dorchester sent me a galley to review and it was awesome! I gave it a 4 heart review at my site...

http://cheekyreads.blogspot.com/search/label/Leslie%20Langtry

I've now ordered the rest of the series. You have a wonderful voice and it was so refreshing to be introducted to your work!

Terry S said...

Congratulations! Certainly a day to celebrate not only the newest but the whole stack.

Leslie Langtry said...

Cheeky Girl! I read your review two days ago and loved it! I'm carrying it around in my purse right now!

I'm not sure there will ever be an ending to the Bombay family.

Cassie said...

Love this one too Leslie. Sweet more Bombays. Loofah as torture... that I got to see.

terrio I'm wondering if we've crossed paths. I go to that one, but I work at different one.

Terri Osburn said...

Cassie - I'm usually at the one at Lynnhaven Mall but was in that area so swung by. Do you work in the one at the mall?

Cassie said...

terrio,
Yup, I work at Lynnhaven. I'm one of the two resident Romance booksellers who loves to load up customers with books. :-D

Terri Osburn said...

This could be the start of a fabulous friendship. LOL!