Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!!!!

I hope everyone is in the spooky spirit. Me – I think I ate my weight in candy corn last night as I carved pumpkins in my pumpkin colored heels and drank pumpkin beer. (see a theme here?) Tonight, I’m hosting a kid’s trick-or-treat party at our house (despite the fact that it’s raining cats and dogs here. It’s California! It’s not supposed to do that!), then off for a little more adult costume fun with Mr. Big later. ;) This year I’m going as a witch and have this teeny tiny slinky Elvira dress that I swear will not fit if I a) eat one more piece of candy corn or b ) even think of another Starbucks pumpkin scone. But… the effect is so worth it. I promise to take lots of pics!

In the meantime…

It’s time for our first annual Halloween costume contest! We got so many fun entries – you are a creative bunch! Here are the best of the best. Chose your favorite then vote by posting the number of your fav (or favs - I know I have a couple!) in a comment. The winner will receive a mini spa set of Autumn apple goodies and some cool books to go with it. And the contestants are:

#1 A Sexy Pirate Chick (Way. Hawt. Johnny Depp, eat your heart out!)


#2 Bun in the Oven (If I ever have more kids, I’m so wearing this one! I love it!)


#3 Fabulous Witchy Woman (This one was an actual hand-stitched costume worn by a reader. I’m so impressed! I can’t sew a button on straight…)


#4 It’s a Girl… no wait, It’s a Boy! (Shhh… I’ve been told we cannot tell this man his picture was submitted by his very wicked friend. Hehe)


#5 Revenge of the Bridesmaids (I love this one. On so many levels. )


#6 Vibrating Boob Girl (Ahahahaha! Just… ahahahaha! For anyone who doesn’t know… at last year’s RWA conference, this lovely reader’s phone was on vibrate. Leslie told her to put it in her shirt… then kept calling her! I know, Leslie is so bad. Which, incidentally, is why we love her so much.)



Okay, kids, you pick the winner. Just post your vote in the comments section.

And happy Halloween!!!


~Trigger Happy (and Pumpkin Crazy) Halliday

16 comments:

Lucy said...

Those are some great costumes! I'll vote for 4. :)

Sarita Leone said...

Number 5, definitely. The Revenge of the Bridesmaids is going to keep me giggling all day, thanks! I so want to go to that party. :)

Keri Ford said...

#2 Bun In the Oven! I think that's one of the cutest maternity things out there, and that's why it gets my vote! So creative and different.

Terri Osburn said...

Oh, that bun one is hysterical. And the cartoon cracks me up and reminds me how lucky I am to have NEVER been a bridesmaid. Now, if only I'd never been a bride....hehe

I'm voting for #6. I want those boots!

Anonymous said...

This was a difficult decision as there were some great costumes.

For creativity and imagination in the use of something already owned my vote goes to #5.

~TerryS

Anonymous said...

They're all fun, but #5 cracked me up the most!

Christie Craig said...

Happy Halloween!!!!

Okay...Gemma this is hard. But I'm gonna have to go with Number 3. Anywone who can hand-stitch a costume deserves to win.

I'm with you, Gemma, I can't sew a button on straight.

CC

Annette Gallant said...

They're all great, but I'm voting for #2: Bun in the Oven because I think it's the most original.

NerdSnark said...

# 4, because the hairy chest is authentic.

catslady said...

I have to go with #5 although they are all good!

Estella said...

They're all good, but I'll go with #6.

tetewa said...

My pick is #2 Bun in the Oven!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I definitely vote for bun in the oven. Add Sarin-Palin glasses and hairdo and you've also got yourself a political statement!

Gemma Halliday said...

Add Sarin-Palin glasses and hairdo and you've also got yourself a political statement!

How I wish I had thought of this last week! Lol!

Okay, I'm voting #1, just because I've got a thing for pirates. ;)

ReadingIsSoMuchFun said...

I would love to vote for #2 Bun in the Oven please thank you. This one got me laughing love it.

Hugssss
LindaH

Minna said...

Number 5. You should always recycle when you can. *g*