Tuesday, October 07, 2008

The Charm of a Bad Boy

Winner, Winner, Winner.

Wendy, you have won a copy of either DD&Delicious or Weddings Can Be Murder and a pack of note cards. Please email me at my web site address and send me your address, so I can get those in the mail to you.

Thanks,

CC




Do you guys remember my book Divorced, Desperate and Delicious? Lacy took a singing fish to Chase’s head when he took her hostage in her own home. Remember she let him eat a cat-food sandwich? Of course that was to get even with him for handcuffing her to the bed. Ah, they were a fun couple to write about. Quirky and crazy. I got quite a bit of fan mail on that book.

But oddly enough, one name that appeared in many of those fan letters was that of Chase’s best buddy. Everyone loved the bad boy, the player, and the no-good womanizing hunk of a man named Jason Dodd.

Okay, I admit it, I kind of had a soft spot for Jason, too. It’s that bad boy charm—the devilish twinkle in their eyes, their hard bodies, their come-here baby smiles. Ahh, but it’s more than just their drop-dead sexiness. For me, and I think for most of us, it’s the challenge. The challenge to tame a bad boy. And it’s also their wounded souls. Most bad boys are bad because they’ve been hurt. They wear their free spirits, their love-me-and-leave smiles, as armor. And what woman doesn’t crave to tear down that armor and make the old haunts disappear into a blissful future. Oh, yeah, my readers loved Jason.

But as we all know, it takes a special girl to tame a bad boy—a special girl to get past the armor and into the heart of a wounded soul. And I had just the right woman. Remember Sue? She was Lacy’s best friend in the first DD&D book. After one glimpse of bad-boy Jason Dodd, Sue was questioning her no-date, no-men, no-sex lifestyle. Yup, Sue had a thing for Jason even in Divorced, Desperate and Delicious. But “her thing” gets taken to whole new level in their very own book.

In Divorced, Desperate and Dating, released November 25th, Sue and Jason go toe-to-toe. Or rather, lips to lips. Jason wants Sue. Sue wants love. And a stalker wants Sue dead. Jason is determined to seduce Sue while he plays the role of body guard. Jason’s theory: We might as well have fun. Sue is determined not to become just another of his conquests. Sue’s theory: She’s not playing poker with her heart. After chapters of laughter, sexual tension, tapping into each other’s emotional pasts, and catching a stalker before someone ends up toast, Sue manages to do what every girl dreams: She tames and catches her very own bad boy. Below is the back cover blurb for Divorced, Desperate and Dating.

GOOD COP
Sue Finley murdered people…on paper. As a mystery writer, she knew all the angles, who did what and why. The only thing she couldn’t explain was…well, men. Dating was like diving into a box of chocolates: sometimes the sweetest-looking specimens were candy-coated poison. After a breakup with a bank robber and a divorce from a cross dresser, she gave it up for good. Then came Detective Jason Dodd.

BAD BOY
Raised in foster homes, Jason swore never to need anyone as much as the parent who abandoned him. That was why he failed to follow up after experiencing the best kiss of his life: real passion was addictive. But when Sue Finley started getting death threats, all bets were off. The blonde spitfire was everything he’d ever wanted—and she needed him. And though this novel situation had a quirky cast of characters and an unquestionable bad guy, he was going to make sure it had a happy ending.

So there you have it: My next release about a bad boy and the heroine who tamed him. And here’s what I want to hear from you: what is it that makes you fall for a bad boy? Come on, tell me what it is. I’m getting ready to start a new book, and I’m looking for some new bad boy traits that will make my new heroine melt right into her panties.

And to one lucky poster, I’m giving a way a pack of note cards, and either a copy of Divorced, Desperate and Delicious or Weddings Can Be Murder. So . . . come on, tell me what it is about bad boys that makes your heart go flutter.

Crime Scene Christie

24 comments:

Jenyfer Matthews said...

Oh geez, how can I define it? Aside from looks (naturally!) for me I guess it's an aura of risk - because you're never quite sure what will happen next or how far he'll go to get what he wants.

Terri Osburn said...

I can't wait to read this story. Gah! That sounds like fun!

This trait is my favorite and it really applies to any kind of man but works great on the bad boys. It's the sense of humor. If he can make me laugh when I'm so ticked off I want to shoot him, I'm a goner. Back that up with him throwing a punch or two (and I know I'm not supposed to find that sexy but dang it all), you've got yourself one irresistable bad boy.

Since I know you write some of the hottest guys mixed with some of the funniest stuff I've ever read, I'm positive you could pull this off in spades.

Christie Craig said...

Jenyfer,

Good point. We like the risk, don't we. Thanks for posting.

CC

Christie Craig said...

Ahh, Terrio,

You hit it right on! I'm a sucker for a sense of humor. Which explains why I fell in love with my hubby. I love a man who can make me giggle. They can almost get away with murder if they can keep my laughing.

Thanks for posting girl.

And I promise, Sue and Jason will keep you snickering. If it isn't the crotch sniffing dog that makes you chuckle, it will be the fruit-selling Elvis impersonator.

CC

Kate Douglas said...

This sounds like one I've got to read. Ya see...I married a bad boy. That was almost 37 years ago, and all those things that made him "Bad" also make him a terrific husband, a great dad and an even better grandfather. It's the sense of humor, the twinkle in his eye and his knack for breaking rules and getting away with it. It's looking at life from a bit off-center, always wanting to learn something new and never giving up on what's really important to him...and luckily, for some obscure reason, he's never given up on me. Bad boys are stubborn, but they're worth the effort, believe me!

Christie Craig said...

Kate,

WOW! That was such a good description, and girl, you sound as if you have a great bad boy! Give him a hug for me.

And you are so right. Bad boys make up their own rules. And they don't give up on the women they love. Ahh, love those bad boys.

Thank you so much.

CC

Anonymous said...

For me the bad boy attraction is all about control, or in some cases lack thereof. I like the idea that some hot guy( in faded jeans and a tight t shirt- the kind that show off his ripped bod) will just take over- you know, that dominating factor. They eat up your personal space and make your tummy do that little flip flop-yum! Toss in the ability to make me laugh and I'm a goner.

Hellie Sinclair said...

It's the "woman-eating-let's-get-naked" grin. (Though I love the "come-here-baby" grin descriptor too.)

Complete sucker for the grin. It's trouble...and I love trouble.

(Though I have to agree with Terri, if you can make me laugh when I'm so pissed off, steam is rolling out of my ears, I'm a goner.)

Anonymous said...

The new book sounds fabulous, Christie!!!

What do I love about bad boys? I'm not sure I can explain the appeal for me. It's just there. :)

Anonymous said...

Christie, I do have to agree about the sense of humor. Also the so called "shit eating grin" will get to me every time. Especially if they have blonde hair and blue eyes. No tall and dark for me. I guess that's why I fell for my husband. He can make me laugh when I am so mad that I forget what got me that mad. He's 62 and still a very bad boy. LOL
Linda

Looking forward to reading the book.

Christie Craig said...

Anna

((They eat up your personal space and make your tummy do that little flip flop-yum!))

Ahh, I love that description.

Thanks for stopping by.

CC

Christie Craig said...

Mshellion,
(("woman-eating-let's-get-naked" grin)) Now I've gotta turn up the air!!

Those grins are killers.

Thanks for posting.

CC

Christie Craig said...

Tori,

Sometimes the charm is hard to define. But when they have it, they have it.

Thanks for stopping in.

CC

Christie Craig said...

Linda C,

You'll love Jason then. He's the blond of my mix of dark and dangerous heroes. Not that he isn't dangerous.

Ahh, but poor Jason has a time dealing with Sue.

Thanks for stopping in.

CC

Estella said...

I think looks, a dangerous edge and an I don't give a damn attitude are what draws me to bad boys.

Christie Craig said...

Estella,

Yup, but of course, that I-don't-give-a-damn attitude is fake. Because deep down those bad boys are good to the bone.

CC

Wendy said...

I totally agree with Terrio; humor is such a must!

I've only read Divorced, Desperate & Delicious (love that book, btw!) but I can't wait to read more! :)

Christie Craig said...

Wendy,

Yup, humor is a must. Making me laugh is almost foreplay.

Thanks for stopping in.

CC

Keri Ford said...

Oh, I LOVE the new cover! I was just wondering when this book was due out.

The appeal of the bad boy is great. There's just something about them. They have that 'it' factor. For some women it's humor, others is the silent type. Some describe it as their presence in a room.

Christie Craig said...

Keri,

Ahh, the "it" factor is good call.

They just have that special thing.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

CC

Gemma Halliday said...

LOVE the new cover, CC! When's it out?

Christie Craig said...

The new book will be out Novemeber 25th.

And I can't wait.

Thanks Gemma.

CC

RM Kahn said...

It's the allure of the something you want to eat, like that double-rich chocolate truffle but it is oh, so bad for you. You want what you shouldn't have. That bad boy radiates along your skin like electricity and like chocolate, that 'zing' you feel is addicting.

Christie Craig said...

rm kahn,

((Like that double-rich chocolate truffle))

I really didn't need to be thinking about chocolate. :-)

But yup, some bad boys are just that yummy.

CC