Friday, October 10, 2008

Boo!

Halloween is just around the corner, and I cannot wait! I love this time of year… the leaves turning brown, the fresh it-just-rained-for-the-first-time-this-season smell in the air, the weather cool enough to pull out my awesome boots that have been hiding all summer. And the candy. Any holiday that involves free candy is a-okay with me. So, getting in the spooky spirit, I thought I’d share some of Trigger Happy’s finest Halloween moments from years past.


My first Halloween – look at that, I went as a baby from the ‘70s!



Little Gypsy Girl (Though, coming from a California hippy family, that also doubled as every-day wear.)


Someone get that doctor a wet-nap – stat!


One sassy clown (Actually, my great-aunt handmade that costume for my mother when she was a kid… and it lasted through 4 more unruly munchkins. I won a costume contest in 3rd grade for it!)


All the Halliday kiddies – my brother (superman) my sister (the fairy princess – notice the aluminum foil crown – tre chic!), Mom (the Parisian artiste) and me (the farm girl).


Here's what my good friend, Jax Cassidy, and I dressed as last year: I was the detective, she was the cat burglar. Our outfits were a lot sexier before it decided to be freezing cold in L.A. in October (never happens!), so we traded in our fishnets for jeans and stocking caps. Still very fun.

This year, since we dangerous divas here at Killer Fiction all love dressing up so much, we thought it would be fun to do a little cyber Halloween Costume Contest! All you have to do to enter is send in a picture of what your cyber costume is this year. It can be a real costume you wore, a drawing, a cartoon, a pic of a costume you found online – anything! Just send the picture (or a link to it) to: gemmasreadermail@gmail.com and, on Oct, 31st, we’ll post the funniest, coolest, and most creative ones, and you will all get to vote for your fav. The winner will get a little spa set of Autumn apple scented goodies and whatever fun reads we can scare up.

Okay, I’ll go first… here’s my cyber costume this year (in fact, I love it so much, I may ever really wear it for Halloween):




Barbie!! The ultimate blonde. ;)



~Trigger Happy Halliday

14 comments:

Lucy said...

The picture of your family really shows how much you favor your mother! Wow!

Sweet pictures, thanks for sharing. :)

Christie Craig said...

Gemma,

You were a beautiful little girl.

Love the pictures.

CC

Jax Cassidy said...

OMG! Your costumes were too cute! I thought we were pretty genius for coming up with those costumes at the last minute.

I'll have to think of something for this contest...hmmmm....

Terri Osburn said...

I was thinking the exact same thing Lucy said, you look just like your mom!

I wouldn't have any idea where to find pictures of my in costumes while growing up. In fact, I'd bet money they don't exist. Which is probably a good thing.

I'll send a link to the costume I wish I could wear. I don't have the body for it, but I can *virtually* pretend. :)

Gemma Halliday said...

Lucy - Yeah, I tell all my boyfriends that if they want to see what I'll look like in twenty years, check out Mom. :) It only backfired once... when we broke up and he asked if he could date her.

~Gemma

Gemma Halliday said...

Aww, thanks, CC! :)

Gemma Halliday said...

I can't wait to see what you come up wait, Jax! ;)

~Gemma

Gemma Halliday said...

I don't have the body for it, but I can *virtually* pretend. :)

That's the most fun part of the virtual costume! We're all supermodels!

~Gemma

Keri Ford said...

Great pics! Love them. And a virtural costume? hm. I haven't dressed up in years. Don't even know where to start on thinking what I'd be!

Anonymous said...

If I had a virtual costume I would be Princess Leia in Return of the Jedi- my husband would go crazy! Remember that Friends episode? Anyways...

Gemma Halliday said...

Lol! Yeah, I think a lot of guys would like that one. ;)

Jax Cassidy said...

Eureka! If I could dress up like anybody, I'd want to in the dress from Legend in which Lili is wearing the black wedding dress.

You can find it here: http://www.jaxcassidy.com/blog/blackwedding_sm.jpg

Thanks to the back cover of Tangerine Dream's Legend CD :)

How's that for a costume?

Gemma Halliday said...

Okay, I LOVE that! That collar is so cool.

Anonymous said...

Nice photos..! Really a great cyber Halloween costume contest.