Wednesday, March 17, 2010

This Is The Picture That Jack Drew...




My 9-yr old drew me this picture. It's of a clan of warrior elves, he tells me. I think it may be the coolest drawing ever. See how well-armed the elves are? BTW, you can tell they are elves because they have pointy ears. Anyway, the elves have guns, knives and bows. And yes, the guy in the middle is wearing a pistol. That is not what you think it is...I already asked.


One of the elves has a bazooka you can strap to your back. I especially like how Jack detailed the bazooka with actual crosshairs sights. Now, clearly, Jack is thinking, because the elves on the far right and left are covering the others. And they are very confident because they seem very happy.


I was thinking these were forest elves, but there is only one tree. And look how that one branch telescopes all the way across the page like that! AND it's strong enough to support the weight of two elves while a third swings away on a vine that descends magically from the heavens. Where is he going, I wonder? He should stay put, since the others are so well-armed.


I don't quite understand the elf in a bubble in the upper left. Maybe he's the archelf of death or maybe he has an invisible helicopter. But something is clearly going on there. See how the lines go up to indicate he is levitating somehow?


But my favorite part of the picture is the 3rd guy from the left. He has no weapons, so obviously, he is in charge of radio communications. He has antenna arms! I bet he'd get better reception if he was standing on top of the tree like that other guy. Of course, he is very tall. And his arms ARE antennas.


How cool is it that kids do stuff like this for us? I like this picture better than any macaroni necklace or handprint in plaster.


And that's why I'm sharing it with you.


The Assassin

11 comments:

Refhater said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Terri Osburn said...

Some serious thought went into that picture. And you've gotta love that they all look so happy. No mean-looking armed elves could ever look this cool.

I hope that gun the guy in the middle is wearing has the safetly on.

Leslie Langtry said...

Good point Terri! I love that they are stick people, but the weapons are fleshed out.

Suzan Harden said...

Have you been letting Jack watch Vin Diesel's The Pacifier? I seem to recall Vin's character telling a similar bedtime story to one of the kids.

~Sia McKye~ said...

When I was 4 and 5, my mom said I started *drawing* stories. I love to draw. I only have a few of the stories left intact circa ages 7 and 8. My mom loved to get them and I also used to entertain my younger siblings with the stories I wrote.

My son, who is 15 now, used to do the same. He had a school journal he had to write/draw in starting at kindergarten. His teachers always commented on his imagination. I have to admit, they were fascinating to look at.

I do enjoy looking at kids drawings. You learn a lot about them by looking at them or hearing their *stories*.

Leslie Langtry said...

Suzan - We've never seen the pacifier. I'll have to look it up!

Sia, I know! Isn't it fun! I'd rather have a kid with an active imagination than a straight A student.

♥ Dawn said...

LOL! You are hysterical. The picture is so cute!

Leslie Langtry said...

Thanks Dawn! I just love how happy and well-armed they are. Kids!

Tori Lennox said...

That picture is awesome!!! :-)

Refhater said...

What a creative awesome picture.

Leslie Langtry said...

Thanks! I'll take credit for his imagination...but NOT the temper tantrums.