Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Blue Skies Are Smilin' On Me!

I had a blog ready for last week. It was funny, witty, entertaining, and insightful. Last Wednesday, I set my alarm for four-fifteen Thursday morning, a full fifteen minutes earlier than my normal wake-up time, in order to upload the blog post before I skipped off to work only to have internet connection issues that wouldn't permit me to publish my post.

This week I have a lousy head cold and raw, scratchy throat, so recreating my clever conversation of last week (which, sadly, is now stale news) will be a stretch.

But, in keeping with my new, positive outlook on this kooky journey we call 'life', there have been some 'blue sky' moments since I last posted. Here are some of them:


  • The triplets are home for spring break.

  • All of my snow has gone bye-bye!!!

  • I can actually get to my shed again.

  • I took the shovel, sandbags, and winter emergency kit out of my Jimmy.

  • My tulips are beginning to come up.

  • I'm *this* close to having all my new projects ready to begin my search for a new agent.

  • I've started my new--and improved--diet.

  • My birthday is next week.

  • And last, but not least, I DON'T have to have knee surgery after all!
That's the 'new' me list of positive affirmations. Now the 'old' me--you know, that somewhat cynical, cup half-empty kind of gal would have chronciled the above list a wee bit differently. Here's the counter-part' to the list above as authored by the former 'bummed out Bullet Hole':
  • The triplets are home from spring break so I get to cook every night. Yay.

  • The snow is all gone but my yard looks like he!!.

  • I took the shovels, sand, emergency kit out of my Jimmy; I can now use the sand bags to combat the flooding that is expected. Oh, and there's also snow in the forecast this weekend. Goody, goody.

  • My tulips are coming up. My grass? WHAT grass?

  • My projects are almost ready for the new agent search but am I ready???

  • I've just started the new diet and already I'm sick of sub sandwiches.

  • My birthday is next week.

  • No knee surgery, but the physical therapy may kill me off anyway...
Okay. Your turn. What 'blue-sky' moments have you had since we last talked? Any postive news to share? Good luck experiences?
It's supposed to be sunny and 60 here today. After the long winter and the threat of spring floods, I'm so gonna cherish the day! Hope you can too!
~Bullet Hole~

7 comments:

♥ Dawn said...

LOL! At least you see both sides of the coin. I live in New York and today is absolutely gorgeous. They say it will reach 65. (Unheard of for March and I'm loving it.) The downside? Global warming? But why focus on the bad when the sun is shining. :)

Bookmobiler said...

"I took the shovel, sandbags, and winter emergency kit out of my Jimmy."

You're braver than I am. I usually reluctantly remove the ice scrapers on July 4th.

Good news about the knee.

A suggestion though. Tell the triplets that the knee is still so wonky you wont be able to cook for them.

What's the worst that could happen?
Besides their ordering pizza every night?

Unknown said...

Hmmm... I've got a cold. I don't see any positive side to that at all at the moment :)

Kathy Bacus said...

I can't stress how improved my general mood is as well as over-all feelings of well-being when the sun is shining, Dawn. Seriously, we've had SIX friggin' months of winter here.

Global warming? Bring it on!

~Kat

Kathy Bacus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy Bacus said...

What's the worst that could happen? Besides their ordering pizza every night?

Worst, Bookmobiler? With pizza every night for a week I could gain more than the 10 LBs I put on this winter. Seriously, between the winter and the knee it's been tough to keep active. Hence my tuna, lettuce, orange and banana diet...


Yum, yum!

~Kat

Kathy Bacus said...

No upside at all, Whalehugger. Feel better soon!

~Kat