Monday, March 22, 2010

Monday Movie Review and More Snow

It snowed here again this weekend. Eight inches. I am convinced that God has forgotten this is Texas. He must think it's Michigan. Of course, the weather report said we'd get about "one inch," then I wake up the next morning to this:

Yeah, one inch......rrrrriiiiiiggggghhhhhhttttttt.

Of course, today it will be back up in the sixties. And then people wonder why they stay sick here.

I did manage to brave the melting mess and catch a movie yesterday. It's been forever since I've seen a movie because I've been so busy. I finally decided yesterday to pretend I wasn't busy, even though nothing could be further from the truth. I saw The Bounty Hunter and really liked it! I have also decided that Gerard Butler is very cute and I like him much better in comedies than as doomed historical figures. He and JA were so cute together and quite frankly, would make a really good-looking couple in real life. The movie was fun and not incredibly deep, but with a decent plot and plenty of comedy and action. Altogether, money well spent for sheer enjoyment.

Something I was observing at the theatre yesterday was how all the kids have now gone to that long-haired unkempt look. Seriously, what is that? Are you parents spending all your money on video games and scrimping on haircuts? I know it's supposed to be stylish, but they look like a bunch of vagrants - and that's the good ones. The worst is the boys that are really feminine and now look like little girls. It's not a good look for a heterosexual boy, but hey, maybe getting his butt kicked about 200 times will convince him to get a haircut. I am so glad I'm old. I think I'd have to date girls if that's all that way available in the boy pool.

Okay, off to work!

Deadly DeLeon

13 comments:

Mo said...

Wow. You hair comments have me flashing back to my high scholl years (67-70). You sound just like my mom. I personally would rather see a young man with shaggy hair than shaved bald. Styles come and go and come back again. ... Mo

Terri Osburn said...

My baby brother just turned 21. When he was in HS, he must have changed the color of his hair a dozen times. And my mom shelled out $50 for his cut and color. Something that in more than 30 yrs of coloring her hair, my mother has never done for herself.

When my sister and I (41 and 38 respectively) found out he was wearing chick jeans, we couldn't believe it. Forget the fact his jeans were WAY smaller than either of us could ever wear.

The irony is, he's not even the gay brother. :)

SNOW?! Are you serious??? We pushed 80 degrees all weekend long. To think, I contemplated moving to Texas.

Tori Lennox said...

Mother Nature is in dire need of a Time Out.

As for boys' hair... LOL! I don't get out enough to notice but that would bug me too.

Jana DeLeon said...

Mo - I wouldn't have faired well in the late 60's/early 70's. And the kicker is, I DO like longer hair and the scruffy look, but it has to be the real deal. Give me a guy who just fought a mountain lion with a three-day growth and long hair and it's sexy. But these kids, yuck.

Jana DeLeon said...

Terri - Well that's just wrong. So what does the gay brother say about the metrosexual brother? That's a conversation for family holidays! :)

Don't move here until God gets it sorted out.

Jana DeLeon said...

Tori - I agree! I wish someone would send that bitch the memo!

Brandy said...

Every boy seems to be trying to wear the Justin Beiber haircut lately. I just want to nip out a pair of scissors and cut their hair!

Terri Osburn said...

I blame Effron and those Jonas nitwits. There are boys in my daughter's 5th grade class who have their hair in their eyes.

The gay bro shaves his head and has for years. Not a snazzy dresser either. It's a cunnundrum in the family. And would be talked about at holidays, if we actually gathered for holidays.

Jana DeLeon said...

Brandy - I'd rather get my dog clippers after them. LOL

Jana DeLeon said...

Terri - well, damn, all that missed opportunity!

I'll blame the Jonas brothers too.

Refhater said...

Ironically, There is no snow here in Mid-Michigan. Sunny and in the low 50s. We had a dusting of snow Saturday morning but it was gone that afternoon.

I don't care for the long shaggy look on the boys. Then again, I grew up in the south in the 80s, and back then big hair was the fashion. The bigger the better. So who am I to judge?

Jana DeLeon said...

Ref - I remember big hair (and some here haven't quite gotten away from it)and headbands. Remember that whole Olivia Newton John thing?

LuAnn said...

Looks like the U.S. has flipped upside down!