Monday, October 19, 2009

Movies and Such

It was a busy weekend. Basically, I worked all weekend. ugh Writing and writing and writing. My chiropractor is going to have his work cut out for him if I ever have time to make an appointment. Aside from writing, and the occasional eating and sleeping, I did manage to take a break and re-watch a movie that just came out on video. The Proposal.

If you didn't see this movie, please rent it. I loved it. I think Sandra Bullock is just wonderful in fish-out-of-water stories and combine it with a romance and it's even better. It's worth the rental for seeing Ryan Reynolds abs! That guy is seriously hot - I had no idea. But then I don't pay attention to much. No time.

In other television news, Hell's Kitchen is over and finally the guy I wanted to win, won. Congrats Dave! So You Think You Can Dance is getting down to the top 20 and it looks like this season is going to be spectacular.

American Idol is not coming until January, but is anyone else feeling kinda sad that Paula won't be there? I know she was a nut, but that was part of the fun. Also, not sure about having four judges. I think that's way too much of other people besides Simon talking and I usually don't care what anyone else has to say but him.

Dexter is on Showtime, but I don't have Showtime, so I will have to wait until it's out on video.

So what about you guys - what are you watching? Do you have Netflix? If you don't have Netflix, log on now and get it. I swear, it's the smartest decision I've made since buying the iphone.

Deadly DeLeon

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the Proposal too. One of the best romcom I've seen in along time !
I rewatched it on saturday too.

Tori Lennox said...

My never-miss-no-matter-what shows are Ghost Hunters and Destination Truth on the Sci Fi Channel (I still refuse to use their stupid new name). And Dancing with the Stars is always fun. Oh, and Castle is a never-miss show too!

I keep thinking I'll sign up for Netflix one of these days, In fact, I've already got a list of things to get from them when I finally do. *g*

♥ Dawn said...

I'm addicted to The Food Network. Last night I watched a Jack O' Lantern contest, there is a freaky "Horror Cake" context next weekend, and I can't wait to find out who wins The Next Iron Chef!

Hellie Sinclair said...

That NAKED scene in The Proposal is seriously worth every penny.

"Why are you naked!"
"Why are you wet!"

Hilarious.

catslady said...

I love netflix lol. We just saw to good ones (older) - The Gift and The Perfect Murder. I recommend them both. As to TV - Castle is my new favorite now that Boston Legal is gone.

Brandy said...

I have The Proposal on hold at the library. I'm #50 on the waitlist, so it MUST be good. *G* My favorites are Castle and Criminal Minds. I make sure not to miss those during the week. *G*

Jana DeLeon said...

Emma - I agree. It's one of the best romcom's I've seen in a while, and actually one of the best movies I've seen in a while. Which is not saying a lot about recent movies.

Jana DeLeon said...

Tori - I don't watch any of those. I'll have to go look them up. And you should definitely look into Netflix. There's a TON of movies you can watch for free on your computer. :)

Jana DeLeon said...

Dawn - I can't cook at all, but I do love Hell's Kitchen and I like Kitchen Nightmares. I haven't branched out into anything else yet, although I remember watching Justin Wilson when I was young.

Jana DeLeon said...

MsHellion - DEFINITELY worth the money. I totally agree!

Jana DeLeon said...

catslady - I don't think I've seen either of those. (more on my lookup list)

Jana DeLeon said...

Brandy - It's worth the wait! A friend of mine told me to watch Criminal Minds. I need to check Netflix for it. It's actually toward the top of my list. lol

Chelsea B. said...

I just watched The Proposal for the second time yesterday! SO good! I bought that sucker! Deffinitely going to be watching that again and again!

Becky LeJeune said...

Netflix is my savior! I watch a ton of movies, and now tv on dvd. I love getting new stuff in. Just watched The Proposal last week. Then I watched a marathon of Drop Dead Diva on tv. I've got Halloween horror hitting my doorstep this week (crappy one last night but a good one on Sat) and am starting Battstar Galactica. Busy, busy, busy watching (but still reading!).