Monday, October 05, 2009

Monday Rush

It's raining, and I've been fighting a viral AND bacterial infection for a week now, AND I have a book I have to write. ugh So I am perpetually behind. In fact, I am staring at my own butt. I've already forgone clean house, clean underwear and groceries to get things done, but there's really nothing else I can give up....well, except work. And god knows, today I'd really like to give up work.

I apologize for having nothing useful to say. I mostly only have complaints - like that the new season of Dexter is on Showtime, but I don't have Showtime and refuse to pay the rates they want for it. (sigh) So lord only knows how long I'll have to wait for it to appear on Netflix - along with the million other people waiting.

So You Think You Can Dance is back on and running well. Hell's Kitchen is winding down and I must say there's only one person on there I like and another I don't detest and the rest are worthless. So picking the final two is easy for me, and I already have a winner in mind. I'm just hoping Chef Ramsey agrees.

For those of you with little ones, a lady gave me this link last week. It's her six-year-old daughter's favorite website and I have to admit, that I did waste some otherwise clean underwear time taking a peek. It's hard to resist:

http://cuteoverload.com/

Deadly DeLeon

6 comments:

Diana said...

1. Yours is the third blog I've seen today that mentions the poster being sick. Could it be that there is some sort of virus spreading through the blogosphere? (insert horrible computer virus joke here)

2. So I am perpetually behind. In fact, I am staring at my own butt. Those two sentences, which I expect to quote regularly and often, made your getting out of bed and posting today totally worth it. Thanks! Feel better!

Terry S said...

Hope you're feeling better sooner rather than later. That last Mudbug book must get written :)

The changing of the season from summer to fall always hits me harder than any of the others. December 20 is a red letter day for no other reason than fall is finally over and the days start getting longer. Hate, hate, HATE the days getting shorter and shorter.

Brandy said...

I hope you feel better soon!

Jana DeLeon said...

Thanks, Diana! I need a freeze. Pray for a freeze. It will kill the ragweed and the mold, which helps the respiratory problems. Then if you can kill all my co-workers that come to work sick and give me their crap, life will be great! :)

Jana DeLeon said...

Terry - Lord, don't I know I've got to finish that book. I've been writing in a haze.

Jana DeLeon said...

Thanks, Brandy!