Sunday, November 02, 2008

Fun With Farmer Fred


Today's paranormal topic - crop circles.

Now, of course there is the school of thought that says crop circles are man-made. Mind you, we're also supposed to believe that most of the circles for a 15-year period were made by two old retired guys using plywood, a rope, and a ballcap (the cap was to make straight lines.......?). Okay, so let's just assume the two old guys are full of crap and looking for some free press time in order to score points down at the local VA dance hall, then what are we left with? Clever college students is a likely answer and the one most believed. But what about the other issues that can't be explained? Here are a few:

Placement - Some crop circles have been found in places that should have been impossible to access, like military bases.

Weaving - Crops in "genuine" circles are woven together in a pattern that hoaxers have been unable to duplicate.

Unbendable plants - some plants will snap at a 45 degree angle, however, crop circles require the plant to rest at a 90 degree angle and these plants have - unbroken.

Radioactive isotopes - After rigorous analysis, it was determined that samples from "genuine" circles contained no less than four, short-lived radioactive isotopes - vanadium, europium, tellurium and ytterbium.

So if a bunch of frat boys with high IQ's aren't the answer, then what is? some of the most common theories include whirlwind vortexes, plasma vortexes, Earth energies, extraterrestrials, underground archaeology, sound vibrations, heavenly or demonic forces, and military experiments including microwaves.

Honestly, this is one of those where I have no idea what I think, except that I don't think they are all man-made. What does that leave for me - well, anything from some atmospheric anamoly to aliens.

What do you think?

Deadly DeLeon

18 comments:

Christie Craig said...

Okay, Jana. This one stumps me. Let me throw out my thoughts/one possibility. How about . . . some very smart rats escaped from a government testing facility? They've been running in mazes for so long and once they got to a field and got hungry, the lead rat, started moving in maze patterns, thinking the food would be there when he finished. Hence...they all got in line and after several hundred times the impression in the grass was made. As for the radioactive isotopes, well, you know those government facilities were doing all sorts of tests.

Now don't tell me that couldn't happen? I mean it's either rats or aliens. Or those frat boys.

CC

Keri Ford said...

Microwaves! Microwaves! Oh, wait. Hm. I feel as though I need to be creative since Christie went all creative.

A flock of geese were flying south for the winter. They wanted some bragging rights to tell that 'ol Tucan Sam where to stick that artsy beak of his. They saw a big massive field and thought hm...this could work! So, they got after it. Now those crop circles are popping up everywhere because each flock is trying to out do the other. The winner each year gets their pick of a tree down south. So you see, very important that they win.

Wendy Roberts said...

I tend to believe the college kid idea except for one thing, I've never met a college kid who could keep their mouth shut. They would've eventually been braggin all over about this stuff. Hmmmm...

Terri Osburn said...

I think it's silly to refuse to believe there's a higher force of some kind creating these. I mean, they are all over the world, not just here. And Wendy is right, college kids could never keep this a secret for long. At some point you have to admit there's something going on here.

BTW - that picture you found is beautiful. Love the rats and birds stories. But wouldn't there be droppings left behind as evidence? :)

Anonymous said...

As Shakespeare wrote, "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Including super smart rats. *g*

Keri Ford said...

Okay, I need Terrio as a plot checker! If I put that in a book my entire plot would have fell through because of POOP!

Terri Osburn said...

The poop gets you everytime, Keri.

Gemma Halliday said...

Pretty circle!

I'm totally stumped. I'm thinking some giant fashionista dropped her favorite necklace on our tiny earth and this is the pattern it made before she found it, picked it up, and put it back on for her giant date that night.

~G

catslady said...

ok aliens ate my post!!!

The truth is out there - I vote for aliens.

Jana DeLeon said...

Christie - hmmmmmm, rats or aliens. Not much of a choice there, but I guess I'll take rats since last time I checked, they weren't doing tests on humans. :)

Jana DeLeon said...

LOL keri - I love the geese theory!

Jana DeLeon said...

Wendy - great point! I didn't even think about the ole keg and tell side of things.

Jana DeLeon said...

ROFLMAO, terrio!!!!!! I didn't even think about the POO angle! Hilarious!

Jana DeLeon said...

Tori - I think Shakespeare had it right!

Jana DeLeon said...

OMG - I didn't even think about the Poo-plot problem! Keri is right - we need terrio approving outlines!

Jana DeLeon said...

Gemma - could be a fashionista from Nibiru. Maybe I'll blog about Nibiru 's giant population next week. :)

Jana DeLeon said...

catslady - I think I am going to agree with you unless someone comes up with a better explanation. Quite frankly, given all the evidence, aliens is just the most likely. And how weird is that?

arclein said...

A chap finally reported that the images resolve with six inch pixels, conforming to a microwave laser. The rest of the plant evidence supports that.

and since the military has been doing just such research on microwaves for the past forty years, releasing only communications and heating applications, they are the most logical culprits. Even the egregious disinformation campaign by those two clowns is typical military.

The only new information I am now seeing is the radioactive isotopes which are likely a red herring anyway.

arclein

http://globalwarming-arclein.blogspot.com