Generally with the release of a new book, authors get emails from readers who have read the book and felt compelled enough (either positively or negatively) to contact the author. Since the release of ANCHORS AWEIGH at the end of October, I've been getting emails. Tons of email. From readers who aren't very happy with me.
Oh, don't get me wrong. They love the book. They're just a little--shall we say 'unhappy'--that it's the last book in the series.
Examples of the email I've been receiving include:
- Just a note to say I very much enjoyed Anchors Aweigh, but I do hope it's not the end of Calamity's appearances.
- Please don't let this be the last Calamity book! We NEED a Calamity type wedding at least! Thanks!
- I just love the Tressa Jayne Turner series. I want and need more! Please tell me there's more! Please, please don't say final? Calamity Jayne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- I just found your books recently and can't put them down. I just love your wise cracking heroine. If you don't do her again, please come up with someone like her!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- I loved the ending of anchors aweigh! but i really do smell at least one more story...i hope.
- The FINAL 'Calamity'! That's the ultimate calamity! Don't stop writing these books!
I'm really touched that so many folks out there have expressed a desire to see the series continue. Thanks to everyone who took the time to write me. It means a lot to me.
As for the series' (and Tressa's) future?
Sometimes the end is only the beginning...
Have a great weekend!
~Bullet Hole Bacus~