Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Am I The Only One Who Finds This Creepy?



I ask because, well, I wonder about myself sometimes. Truth be told, it is just a female kitten with an E collar on so she will quit rubbing the fur off of her chin.


But try coming home to find her sitting in the corner a-la The Blair Witch Project. She doesn't move or even react to you or any noise you make. shudder...


Now I know, it's not her fault. It's my problem, really. Hell, I was weirded out by Holly Hobby in the 70's. Remember her? She didn't have a face!!! Well, some would argue with me that she did, indeed have a face, but for years all we saw was her sideways pose, no face just all Little-House-On-The-Prairie haberdashery. She gave me the willies.


Before her was the Casual Observer. This was another faceless little girl who always seemed to quietly watch life from the sidelines - never speaking - just WATCHING! I had nightmares about that thing for years.


Anyway, I've taken the collar off for the night. I don't want to get up in the dark to get a drink (of water...duh) and find her in the basement corner, luring me to some horrifying, scary ending.


That would totally suck.


Happy Thanksgiving.


The Casual Assassin

10 comments:

Refhater said...

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thought Holly Hobby was creepy. And my parents so lovingly decorated my childhood room with wall to wall Holly Hobby. She was everywhere!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours and hopefully the kitty will be out of the collar soon.

Christie Craig said...

Happy Thanksgiving Leslie!!!

And yes, she is a bit creepy.

Water, huh?

CC

Terri Osburn said...

I know those collars are a good thing but they just look so darn funny. And I'd never have thought of the scary aspect, but then I was too young to be damaged by the 70s. :)

Hope the kitty is all better soon and Happy Thanksgiving!

Wendy Roberts said...

Takes a lot to creep me out but it does crack me up he he! Why is the cat rubbing fur of her chin?

Gemma Halliday said...

Happy Thanksgiving to the Assassin Family!

~Gemma

Leslie Langtry said...

The vet thinks she might have an oral infection and this is how she's showing us. Great, eh? It's pretty weird. While most people only have hair for their beards, this hairy-faced beast has a naked chin. Some might say that's ironic.

Terry S said...

I've never been weirded out by any of that stuff but thanks for putting ideas in my head :-) Though I do think my animals will continue to amuse me with their antics when they have to wear the collar.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Estella said...

My Yorkie had one of those on so she couldn't chew her stitches. They are weird looking, huh?

Happy Thanksgiving!

Jana DeLeon said...

LOL Leslie - it does look a little creepy. Poor kitty! I have a dog that has a licking habit when she gets stressed. She's on doggie xanax. Now, I ask what the heck she has to be stressed about????? Apparently it's really hard sleeping, eating, and lying around all day.

Brandy said...

Did your vet ask about the bowls your cat drinks and eats from? Plastic bowls hold bacteria (in scratches that you can't even see) and can infect the skin to the point where they rub and scratch at their chins. Metal bowls usually work best.