Sunday, January 06, 2008

Who Knew?

I've racked my brain all week trying to come up with an interesting topic.

Yeah...I got nothing. 'Cept a wicked case of blogger's block.

So I've compiled a list (directly from the pages of my journal) of 12 random things I learned last year for your edification and enlightenment (caution! segue) :

01.23.07 It's enlightenment. I've always articulated "enlightment." I am wrong.

02.28.07 Restaurant is the most commonly misspelled word in search engines. Restaurant of all words. How enlightning. (:-D

03.15.07 Nelson Mandela is dead. Seriously?

04.30.07 Kryptonite is REAL!

05.27.07 Adding milk to tea negates the healthy benefits. Bye bye chai!

06.01.07 The hotter it is the more difficult it is for a plane to take off. Such a thing to learn on a plane. When it's hot. Hooray!

07.04.07 Presidential election years are always leap years. How did I not know this?

08.08.07 Wait a minute: next year we will have an 08.08.08. And, hey! We've done so with January through July so far. Cool!*

09.03.07 In Ohio it is illegal to catch mice without a hunting license.

10.22.07 If all the Smarties eaten in one year were laid end to end they would wrap around the Earth two and half times.

11.22.07 It takes a gallon of oil to make a fur coat! Nothing like politics to serve with your turkey.

12.25.07 Bill Gates does not own an iPod. 'Sokay. I'm willing to bet Steve Jobs doesn't use Windows!

*Okay, technically I knew this but it just hit me this year. I'm slow on the uptake.

What new stuff did y'all learn last year?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post, Bethany!

Hmm. Now, let's see. What did I learn in 2007? Tons of new software. I learned I could write non-fiction. (And to think my journalism prof in college said I could only write "non-fiction" for the Enquirer!) I learned I could collaborate with a friend on a writing project without any serious bodily injuries to either of us. (I'd tried it once with my ex. What an idiot move that was. Not the collaborating, the ex.)

Faye

Anonymous said...

Um, who told you Nelson Mandela was dead? I was sure I'd have heard that so I just googled him. According to his website he was alive and well as of December 31st of last year. :)

Of course, I'm always thinking Henry Kissinger is dead, so I can't really point fingers. *g*

Jenyfer Matthews said...

Kissinger isn't dead???

Christie Craig said...

Lol!

I love these, Bethany!

Crime Scene Christie