Friday, January 11, 2008

I’m in love!!

Yes, you heard that right. I’m in love… with my new niece! My little sister just had the most gorgeous red-headed baby girl yesterday afternoon. 8 pounds 1 ounce of perfect wiggling, warm, pinkness. She and mom are both doing just fine and hopefully coming home from the hospital today. In the meantime, I’m hanging out in their rustic (read: sketchy internet so I may be MIA the rest of the day) mountain town of Tahoe, freezing my keister off in the Sierra Nevada snow. Will post pics of the little bundle as soon as I can download them!

Until then, have a look at the video book trailer I was working on before I got the call and high-tailed it up to the mountains. It’s for my upcoming March release, Alibi in High Heels. Let me know what you think!



~Gemma "Trigger Happy" Halliday (the new Auntie!!)

13 comments:

Jenyfer Matthews said...

Congratulations! New babies are such fun! Best wishes to your sister and her family as well!

Wendy said...

Awww! congrats! what's the name of the baby girl? I can't wait for pictures!

Angie Fox said...

Yay! Wonderful news. Congratulations and enjoy!!!

Leslie Langtry said...

Gemma, that's awesome! My little sister's red-headed daughter had a redhead baby three months ago! which makes me a lot older than you, I guess...

I hope you get a chance to babysit! Congratulations and give us the details (weight, length, name, etc.)! Babies are so wonderful!

Leslie

Kathy Bacus said...

Congratulations, Auntie 'Gem'! But we need pics!

Love the book trailer. One of these days I've got to figure out how to make one of my own. I'm so techno-challenged.

Congrats again on your new niece!

~Bullet Hole~

Anonymous said...

You sneaky girl! *g*

Congrats to all on her arrival! :)

Estella said...

Congratulations on your new niece!
Love the trailer.

Dru said...

Congratulations Auntie! Newborns are so cute and precious.

Love the trailer.

Wendy Roberts said...

Congrats Auntie Gemma!

Great trailer :)

Christie Craig said...

Gemma,

Congrats on the addition to the family. You sound so proud.

And I love the video. Great job, girl.

CC

Shel said...

Congrats Gemma! Being an Aunt is the best!

Anonymous said...

Gemma ~ Congrats sweetie I am so excited for you (and your sister)! I know your little man is excited too!

~ Shante'

Gemma Halliday said...

Thanks everyone! I just got home, loooong drive down the mountain back to civilization. :)

The stats:
Breanna Caitlyn
21 inches long, 8lbs 1oz, poor Mom went through almost 24 hours of labor. :O But, the little bundle is absolutely perfect. She even waited until I handed her off to Mom to spit up. (She already knows better than to mess on Auntie Gem's couture.) Will post pics soon!

~Gemma