Wednesday, January 21, 2009

So, Whaddaya Think?





Okay, technically speaking, I shouldn't even be writing this. I should be camped out in a locked room with five thousand donuts, a gallon of Diet Coke, freebasing Midol and finishing what will forever be known as "that damned book."

But I can't let my Killer Divas down AND I do have a decision I need help with. The Magnificent-Sometimes-Malevolent Todd Welvaert, award-winning journalist and editor and author of the squib on Chapter 13 of HITMAN, is also a professional photographer. With my originial photo being hopelessly outdated, he rose to the challenge and took my picture last weekend. His lovely wife and fabulous assistant, Lisa, along with my equally adorable friend Michele, were on hand to make sure my sweater wasn't bunched up in all the wrong places, there were no weird wrinkles in my neck, or that my dog wasn't licking his balls in the background.

The problem is, there are two I like. And I don't know which one I like best. So your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to help me. And tell me why you like the one you do.

I'm serious, dammit. The decision you make could save thousands of lives. Okay, so they're all named Phil and exist in my head...but you never know.

The Assassin

22 comments:

Keri Ford said...

The second one, by far. You look very natural and your smile is great.


In the first one, your hair is coming down in your eye a bit and your smile is boardering on looking fake.

There. All done...now go finish your book!! :O)

Christie Craig said...

Leslie,

I agree, there's something about the second one that calls me to it. Both are good, but I vote number 2.

CC

Leslie Langtry said...

thanks guys! I'll tell you, your reasons why really help. i'm so curious about this because the camera does not love me. that's why i'm never in family photos! ;)

Jenyfer Matthews said...

That's a really tough choice because they are both good! I like your expression better in the second one, but the way it displays on my computer, you totally blend into the background. The first one I like that I can see the difference between you and the background!

Dru said...

I like the second one the best.

Anonymous said...

The second one. The lighting is better, your profile and smile as well. The 1st one looks slightly off.

Gemma Halliday said...

The second one. Because it almost looks like you've got a really good secret in that one.

~Gemma

Anonymous said...

I'm with everyone else. I prefer the second one. :)

Gwen Hayes said...

the second one...it illuminates your face so nicely!

Terri Osburn said...

I love the first one. Less shadow on your face and you look so pretty.

Good luck finishing The book!

Terri Osburn said...

This is why I should read the comments before commenting. But I will not give into peer pressure!

I still like #1.

*slinks away*

Terry S said...

This is a hard one...I know why you need help making a decision. Both are good.

#1 is what I would expect to see for a photo used for professional purposes.

I like #2 but it does seem more for personal use not professional. I like just about everything about it "except" (there is always an except) your face and hair appear to be floating in a black void.

I have to vote #1 because the #2 "except" is very distracting. It gives me a vague feeling of something slightly off kilter.

Wendy Roberts said...

I vote for number 2 too :)

Leslie Langtry said...

Wow! You guys all have great reasons. And Gemma, now I need to come up with a secret! Any ideas?

Refhater said...

I vote for #2 as well. Though both are nice, #2 just has a little more "Je ne sais pas" than #1 in my opinion.

Hellie Sinclair said...

I like the second one best. I like the way your head is turned better; it's more flattering.

HOWEVER, both are great pictures, let me emphasize. I just like the 2nd one best.

Estella said...

I like the second one the best. You are holding your head up straighter and it looks better.

Anonymous said...

My thinking was similar to Gemma's - in the second photo, you look just a bit devious, which seems fitting.

In the first, your expression kind of says, "I'm here, but not by choice."

Gillian Layne said...

#2! But both are cute. :)

Anonymous said...

The second one. You look the youngest and the thinnest in that one ... and that's the whole point of any photo, right? And that shadow adds just the right mysterious/sexy/woman with a secret aura.

Thanks for including me in your blog last week! I've arrived!!!!

Your #1 fan and cousin, Wendy

catslady said...

They're both nice but I definitely like the second one better.

Lucy said...

I vote for the 2nd one.