Monday, January 26, 2009

Family Can Be The Death Of You


Well, it finally arrived. It felt like forever, then all of sudden it was here and as usual, I've thought of 50 things I needed to do (should have done) and didn't think of. What am I talking about - my new book release, of course!

Tomorrow (officially) TROUBLE IN MUDBUG hits the shelves (although I've already caught it lurking at B&N, Borders, and Walmart). TROUBLE is the first in a mystery/romance series each of which will have its own hero/heroine with their own mystery, but there is also the overarching mystery of who killed one of the major secondary characters. That character just happens to be a ghost.

TROUBLE opens with Maryse Robicheaux being haunted by her dead mother-in-law, and Maryse just thought the woman was a terror when she was alive. The ghost has given dead a whole new life. Here's the back cover copy:

Maryse Robicheaux can't help heaving a sigh of relief at the news that her not-so-beloved mother-in-law has kicked the bucket. The woman was rude, manipulative and loved lording over everyone as the richest citizen of Mudbug, Louisiana. Unfortunately, death doesn't slow Helena down one bit.

Being haunted - or more like harried - by Helena's ghost isn't even the worst of Maryse's problems. Close to making a huge medical breakthrough, she's suddenly been given an officemate, and the only thing bigger than Luc LeJeune's ego is his sex appeal. Maryse would bet her life the hot half-Creole is hiding something. Especially because it seems someone's out to kill her. But getting Luc to spill his secrets while avoiding Helena's histronics and staying alive herself will be the ultimate bayou balancing act.

Are you wondering yet - you know, how I managed to write a romance with a married heroine and a hero that's not her husband.........well, you're going to have to read the book to see how I pulled it off. :)

Deadly DeLeon

18 comments:

Christie Craig said...

Jana,

You got me. I've got to pick up this book.

And here I thought I was pushing the envelope when I had an engaged heroine fall in love with someone who wasn't the ring giver.

Good job girl!

CC

Anonymous said...

I bought it Friday night at B&N. I finished it this morning before work and now I'm waiting for the next one anxiously. I loved it.

Gemma Halliday said...

Looks like a trip to Borders is in my future... ;)

~Gemma

Jana DeLeon said...

Christie - It wasn't an easy sale!! I was told I was "breaking too many rules." :) Imagine that? Me? I think they have the wrong person......

I promise you won't find any fault in my heroine. Her husband is well....you'll just have to see.

Jana DeLeon said...

Thanks, Kristi!!!!! I am SOOOO glad you liked it! A series is always a balding experience for the writer b/c if people don't like the first, well, you're pretty much screwed.

Thanks so much for buying it and loving it!

P.S. I'm anxiously waiting for the second too - to finish writing it anyway. :)

Jana DeLeon said...

LOL Gemma - Like a bookstore trip is such a heartache. I paid a visit to a brand new bookstore on Saturday. It's a huge independent and two of the main managers/buyers are big romance supporters. You were prominently displayed on a new release endcap!

(Don't tell, but I kinda buy everything on my Sony Reader - and am SO glad Dorchester books are now available!) No more stuff to dust!

Terri Osburn said...

That is exactly what I was wondering. Now I HAVE to read it. I'm in need of retail therapy so a trip to the bookstore sounds like a plan.

Jana DeLeon said...

terrio - a trip to the bookstore is always great retail therapy. Have fun!

Terry S said...

I didn't know it wasn't officially released when I bought it at Borders on Saturday, in the middle of a scavenger hunt, no less. No, it wasn't part of the scavenger hunt, but I saw it and had to take the opportunity when it presented itself.

I haven't had a chance to start it yet but it is right here next to me calling my name.

Congratulations!

Jana DeLeon said...

Thanks for buying, Terry! I hope you enjoy it, and I hope you found what you were hunting for. :)

Anonymous said...

I ordered my copy last week from Amazon and it arrived in my mailbox this morning. Yay!!! I was worrying about what I'd read next. Now I know. :)

Jana DeLeon said...

Cool, Tori!! Don't you just love it when you get home and there's mail order stuff at your door? It's like shopping but without all the aggravation (mostly the people aggravation). :)

Thanks for buying!!!!

Caroline said...

Jana~~This sounds great!! I'll be looking to pick it up.

Jana DeLeon said...

Thanks, Caroline! I hope you enjoy it!

Estella said...

Great hook, Jana!

Jana DeLeon said...

Thanks, Estella!

Jenyfer Matthews said...

Congratulations on your new release! Now I'm going to have to hope that it's available from ebookwise.com or else figure out how to massage the digital format to work with my ebookwise reader!

Jana DeLeon said...

jenyfer - Dorchester just hired(?) a company to convert their books to reader format - I know Sony and Kindle are available (or will be soon). I am not sure what format your reader takes, but hopefully it's one of those. :)