Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Note to Self...


Note to Self:


1) My basset will pull a whole bag of flour out of the pantry and dump the entirety on the carpet in a pile that stands 5 inches above the carpet.


2) My children will walk around this giant mound of flour in the middle of the living room carpet, pretending it isn't there and claiming they never saw it.


3) I will bring a friend home making the customary disclaimer, "My house is a mess," without realizing how true that is because there's a mound of flour in the middle of the living room carpet - that the basset dragged out of the pantry and dumped - that my kids walked around, ignoring.


4) Flour is so fine a powder that even my Dyson Animal can't pick it all up. Cocaine - sure. Angel Dust - of course. Anthrax - any day. Flour - not a chance.


5) My friends find it easier to believe that I dumped $8,000 worth of cocaine on my carpet than the truth that I have a flour-snorting basset.



I'm off to rent an industrial-strength suction machine thingy.

The Assassin

9 comments:

Terri Osburn said...

I could probably handle the initial dumping of the flour by the pooch. But my head would explode if my child claimed she didn't see it. Ex. Plode.

Leslie Langtry said...

then my head would've blown a long, long time ago. it's amazing what my kids "don't see."

Misha Gerrick said...

Lol sounds like your dog is after cheap thrills.

;-)

Anonymous said...

*snort*

Brandy said...

Okay, sorry, but I had to laugh. I have a teenager (and an 8yr. old) and a hubs and they ALL would have walked right by it.

Leslie Langtry said...

Thank god. I thought everyone else's kids wouldn't do that.

Mary G said...

LOL What a funny post!! At my house "not me" is guilty of everything.

Robin Kaye said...

Leslie--Uh huh. Um...is this supposed to be unusual?

Robin ->who uses a shop vac in her house and wouldn't dare get carpet.

Hellie Sinclair said...

*LOL* Sounds about right. And I wouldn't believe it was flour either. *LOL*