Friday, March 11, 2011

New Cover Art!


What do we think?


This is for my first venture into the young adult world, DEADLY COOL, which will be coming out from Harper Teen on Oct. 11, 2011. I am SO in love with this cover. It totally conveys the feeling of the book, plus it’s just equal parts beautiful and creepy. Here’s the book blurb:

Hartley Grace Featherstone is having a very bad day. First she finds out that her boyfriend is cheating on her with the president of the Herbert Hoover High School Chastity Club. Then he's pegged as the #1 suspect in a murder. And if that weren't enough, now he's depending on Hartley to clear his name. Seriously? Not cool. But as much as Hartley wouldn't mind seeing him squirm, she knows he's innocent, and she's the only one who can help him. Along with her best friend, Sam, and the school's resident Bad Boy, Chase, Hartley starts investigating on her own. But as the dead bodies begin to pile up, the mystery deepens, the suspects multiply, and Hartley begins to fear that she may be the killer's next victim.

This boost of cover-love could not have come at a better time for me. I am crunching hard to get the second book in the series (SOCIAL SUICIDE) done… so hard that I’ve got tendonitis. Ugh! Which means I’m wearing this ugly wrist brace everywhere, my hand aches, and it hurts to type. Not a good combo when I have a deadline! So, I hope you all forgive me if this is short and sweet today, as I’m off to ice my wrist and try to pump out a few more pages.

And as soon as this sucker is turned in, I’ve booked a suite in San Diego for a nice long week at the beach. I cannot wait!


~Trigger (and cover!) Happy Halliday

7 comments:

Terri Osburn said...

Beautiful!! Love those bright blue eyes and the title is great too. My kiddo loves to read but she's very picky. This sounds like something she might stick with!

So sorry about the wrist. Hope it gets better soon and good luck with the deadline.

Christie Craig said...

Love it, Gemma!!

CC

Angela Hood-Ross said...

Very beautiful. Take care of that wrist.

Anonymous said...

I love love love that cover. Gorgeous!

Diane Kelly said...

The cover is awesome!!!! Can't wait to buy this! It's always fun to have books that both I and my daughter can enjoy. I think I'm going to go buy some black liquid eyeliner today. Your cover inspired me. : )

Brandy said...

That cover is awesome! I like the headphones on the cover surrounding the title. It fits teens today.

Barbara E. said...

The cover is fabulous - those eyes, wow!