Monday, November 30, 2009

Stupid Pleasures

I'll admit it. Sometimes I discover an odd show on television and then I have to record it. My latest discovery is Ninja Warrior. It's filmed in Japan and is a competition of strength and agility where men and women compete against a course. If you fail an obstacle, you land in icky water. Check out this video:



Lots of upper body strength and balance required. And there's some interesting characters that show up for every competition even though they tend to fail miserably and often funnyily (new word) on the first obstacle.

So what's your stupid television pleasure?

Deadly DeLeon

10 comments:

Tori Lennox said...

I was going to ask what channel it's on but I saw on the video. :) Sounds fun!

I'm not sure what my stupid television pleasure is. Though I've been thinking about checking out the new show on A&E called Steven Seagal: Lawman.

catslady said...

Oh most of TV is stupid even though I watch it all the time lol. It's all addictive - even the news!

Brandy said...

I've seen this show. My hubs and Son like it. The costumed characters are always the funniest. I think we all need a little stupid tv now and then, just for the mindless fluffiness of funny they provide.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Oh, geez. My guilty pleasure is Dog the Bounty Hunter!

Dru said...

LOL Tori, I was thinking of watching his new show as well.

Jana DeLeon said...

tori - Oh, Lord, I haven't seen Steven Seagal in years!

Jana DeLeon said...

catslady - I try to avoid the news. I don't like being depressed. But I love some of the silly shows. I guess it's good escapism.

Jana DeLeon said...

Brandy - I totally agree. Although I swear some of the contestants are not playing with a full deck.

Jana DeLeon said...

lol Susan - I've never watched that one, but I know who you're talking about.

Jana DeLeon said...

Dru - another child of the 80's????