Friday, November 27, 2009

Stuff to be thankful for

Happy day-after Thanksgiving! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and are still gorging on leftovers. I had a wonderful day with lost of family, lots of food, and lots to be thankful for. But more on that later… first I have an apology to make. If anyone stopped by last Friday you might have noticed something. Or a lack of something, namely, my blog post. Yep, I totally forgot. I’m claiming baby induced amnesia. It makes me forget everything. I won’t even go into how many times the big boy has called me from school politely asking if I planned on picking him up that day. Doh! So, sorry for missing you all last week!

But, in addition to the duh! moments brought on by baby, I also had another really good reason for forgetting to blog last week. (Here comes the stuff I had to be thankful for part…) I was celebrating. Big time. Remember those “other projects” I was talking about a couple weeks ago? Well, I can officially announce what they are now. Last week I contracted for 4 (yes… 4!) new books in 2 new series! Wanna know what they are? (Please say, yes, ‘cause I’m dying to share...)

I sold two books in a brand new mystery suspense series to St. Martin’s Press. And, get this, they’ll be published in hardcover. (Zoiks!) The fist book in the series is called PLAY DEAD, and is a Mr. & Mrs. Smith style story about a former assassin who fakes her death to escape the life. Only 15 years later someone has caught up to her and is making it his mission to see that she stays dead for good this time. PLAY DEAD should be out in 2013.

And, as if that didn’t make my week enough, I also sold the first two books in a new young adult mystery series to Harper Teen! The first of those, DEADLY COOL, will be out in 2012 and centers around a 16 year old high school student who turns amateur sleuth when her cheating boyfriend becomes the prime suspect in a murder case.

To say I’m excited about these new projects is a total understatement. I can’t wait to get started on them! Now, all I have to do is find time to write all these books. Not to mention the next book in my Hollywood Headlines series. Gee, it’s a great thing I don’t have any distractions like a new baby or anything. ;)

So, how was everyone else’s week?



~Trigger Happy Halliday

9 comments:

Terri Osburn said...

Congratulations!!! You are on fire! Producing babies and book deals and all sorts of things. LOL!

Totally forgiven for the baby amnesia. And it'll get better, once kiddo is old enough to drive himself home from school. :)

Heather Webber said...

Gemma, congratulations on the new contracts! Fantastic news.

My kids are all teenagers, and I'm still waiting for my memory to return...

Dru said...

Congratulations on your new contract for four, count them, four new books! Excellent!

Becky LeJeune said...

Awesome news! Congrats!

Tori Lennox said...

Gemma, that is AWESOME news!!!! Congrats!!!!

Gemma Halliday said...

Thanks everyone! I'm still pinching myself. :)

catslady said...

Congratulations!!!! I'm still recovering from making turkey day lol.

Estella said...

Congrats on the new contract!

Anonymous said...

Gemma,

What fabulous news! Mega congrats on both new series. I'm so happy for you!

Faye