Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Stupid #!@# I Did This Week...

My Avatar isn't so smart either. Here she is in a skirt, riding a horse made out of ice. That's right.


In the last week I:

Got bashed in the head with the door knob while bending over to pick up the paper as the very heavy door was swinging shut


Ate Lucky Charms for lunch once… okay, twice… ALRIGHT, dammit! Two bowls each time! God!

Ate a whole sleeve of Thin Mints in one sitting (well, um, five or six times)


Purchased, took home and installed a Wii over my lunch hour – allowing me no time to eat and resulting in one of the Thin Mint binges mentioned above


Humiliated myself in front of my kids trying to play the easiest game on aforementioned Wii


Ate an entire pint of Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Fudge Brownie while watching Joan Rivers sell cupcakes on the Apprentice (Oh, right...like you haven’t done that!)


Abused nighttime cold medicine to the point that I now hide my addiction


Kept eating Dove Dark chocolates (they’re medicinal!) until I found a message I liked. (Are you seeing a pattern here?)


Dealt with a bizarre, guinea pig incontinence issue (do NOT ask!)

Actually considered getting a Mastiff or two zebra finches (I have no explanation for this)


Told my children if they didn’t stop fighting over the Wii, I would beat them to death with a rake. Yeah, they didn’t buy it either.


Actually considered lapsing into a coma as a way to finally get some rest.

What did you do?

The Assassin

12 comments:

Terri Osburn said...

I consider cereal to be healthy. It has milk on it, right?

The thin mints means you obviously are running on a mint deficiency. Totally understandable to replenish.

I waited until Sunday to do all my homework that was due on Sunday. I had the assignments on the Monday before.

I went to the opera. Still not sure why I did that. And it was a dress rehearsal so once they took to stopping and starting over and over again, I left.

I spent almost $60 on dinner for my child and I and now realize, it shouldn't have cost that much. I'm trying to remember where I put the receipt.

And I suck at the Wii. Easy my....

Leslie Langtry said...

Terrio,
We are obviously twins separated at birth.

Gemma Halliday said...

I'm ashamed to admit I watched Celebrity Apprentice, too. I swear my IQ drops 50 points whenever I see that show. But I can't stop. I must know who gets fired. I must!

~Gemma

Refhater said...

Chocolate is a vegtable in my book. It comes from a bean!

Last week I worked 47 hours, took care of the baby (who just figured out how to go down stairs,) and help host a baby shower all while helping my mom take care of her mom who's been ill in the hospital. (Stroke, CHF, and diabeties.)

That coma you're talking about sure sounds good about now. Who needs tv when you've got this much drama in the real world?

Keri Ford said...

I was at a writing conference over the weekend, so I might have splurged just a tinsy bit in the food department.

There was fudge, pecan pralines, cookies, bread pudding, white bread, and apple cobbler. Oh, and pizza. Ouch, and a fried buffalo leg. Does it count that I skipped the cheesecake? But you know, instead of feeling proud of myself, I'm rather kicking myself in the rear for not tasting them!

Had a lot of fun though!

Kathy Bacus said...

I finally gave into my Cadbury egg addiction and I've lost count at how many I've consumed--I stopped counting at 14. (Note: these are the larger sized, creme filled egg.)

I also went through a box of Golden Crisp cereal in one day (I like to eat it dry with spoonfuls of peanut butter--don't ask) and a jumbo sized bar of dark chocolate.

I did manage to get through mid-term exams, but I've procrastinated about a paper I need to write and a Power Point presentation that needs my attention.

Today I tackle the paper...coffee is brewing and I bought glazed donuts to help motivate me.

~Bullet Hole~

Leslie Langtry said...

You guys make me feel so much better! Babies, mothers, papers, work, bad tv, all tempered with snacks. Sigh...heaven.

BTW - apparently the KF vixens are at a party at Dorchester on Barbara Vey's Beyond Her Book blog at Publisher's Weekly. Apparently, and I am not making this up, all of us are hogging the sundae bar.

Man, I WISH I was partying in New York. I also wish I hadn't eaten that entire pint of Ben & Jerry's Phish Phood last night. What is wrong with me?

Wendy Roberts said...

Whenever my kids need a good laugh they ask me to do Wii bowling. Apparently I bowl even worse electronically then I do in real life. In my defence there are no bumpers on the Wii.

I've been known to eat cereal for lunch. I can't get Dove bars here in Canada. Or maybe I can. If I can please don't tell me. It's a slippery slope just battling the donut wars in my house.

Terri Osburn said...

Kathy - I have a short report due this Sunday, a power point presentation due next Sunday and a majorly complicated Business Policy project due on the 24th. Unless you count thinking that I *should* start working on these as working on these, then none of them are even started. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Your week was a lot more interesting than mine!

Christie Craig said...

Well, I'm just glad I'm not the only one having one of those weeks!

Hang in there Leslie.

CC

Kathy Bacus said...

Terrio,

You'll be so proud of me. I finished my paper and actually got beyond the 'thinking about it' stage on my power point and have an outline completed.

Good luck getting your work completed. It sounds like you have it worse than I do. That business policy project sounds terrifying.

~Kathy~