Monday, March 30, 2009

Stupid Things That Just Shouldn't Be

Sometimes you see things so stupid, they just shouldn't be. I thought I'd wake you up (and gross you out) with a few examples, first thing this Monday morning.

1. Women who have bellies and back hair, wearing belly shirts. Gross. And they really shouldn't wear them to the mall. And they really, REALLY shouldn't wear them in front of me when I've just taken a huge sip of my frulatti.

2. Tags that read "One size fits all." Uh, no????? I'm not exactly slight on all, but I've seen a lot of people that I couldn't share a T-shirt with. Comedian Buddy Hacket describes this best when asking for a XXX hospital gown and was told one size fits all. He said "well, it covered my all, but my a%@ was hanging out the back." I'm thinking "One size fits many" might be a better way to go - if only just to discourage the worst offenders.

3. Religious bumper stickers. If you're going to drive like you're the only person on the road, then please don't display a sermon on your vehicle. Driving 80 mph off the exit ramp, cutting off four lanes of traffic (almost causing a wreck) then screeching around a red light (as the light is turning red), while flipping off the one guy who had the audacity to honk at you is most likely NOT what Jesus would do.

4. People being allowed to have children or buy power tools without passing some kind of proficiency exam. Enough said.

5. Now this one is really stupid - I mean the most stupid thing I've seen in forever: Scheduling Presidential addresses on American Idol night!!!!!!!!!!!! C'mon, Obama, can we get real for a moment. More people voted for the American Idol finale last year than president. Take a back seat to your superiors. No one wants to hear about how bad the economy is screwed up from a guy wearing a suit that could feed our families for a year. WE already know. What we don't know is the final five.

Okay, I'm off for coffee and a shower. It's early and I'm still trying to wake up. That's probably another thing that just shouldn't be - Mondays.

Deadly DeLeon

17 comments:

Bookmobiler said...

"I'm thinking "One size fits many""

You are behind the times.

Many of these things now say: "One size fits most."

I smell lawyers at work!

Jana DeLeon said...

book - I've seen one size fits most, but I still disagree. Obesity is the number one cause of injury and illness in the US. I think "most" is outdated as well. Unfortunately, I need to get on my diet and make sure I don't fall into that category again. (sigh)

Gemma Halliday said...

I cannot tell you how much I agree with number 5. I haven't checked, but I bet you Obama's approval rating that night was lower than Sanjaya's.

~Gemma

Jana DeLeon said...

LOL Gemma! God forbid he go the Sanjaya route! Really, doesn't anyone pay any attention at all to things that are going on in the world? If Simon Cowell weren't a Brit, I'm guessing HE could run for president and win. :)

♥ Dawn said...

Sanjaya- LOL! You guys are so funny. My favorite "one size"- Hanky Panky!

Tori Lennox said...

Well, gosh, all I can say is a hearty AMEN to all five points. *g* Well, I don't actually watch American Idol, but I hate when my shows get pre-empted for stupid speeches I wouldn't watch on a bet.

Christie Craig said...

Love it, Jana!

Thanks so much for the chuckled this Monday morning.

CC

Terri Osburn said...

I actually had a major project due Tuesday night so was glad I could leave the tellie off and not feel that I was missing anything. Not that I probably shouldn't have watched the pres, but I could watch all the news coverage about it and catch up in no time.

That religious bumper sticker thing gets me. I'm not a bumper sticker person anyway, but I don't see why people feel the need to inform me of their affiliations on the highway. It's not like I'm going to pull them over to talk about it. LOL!

Estella said...

I, for, one, could care less what Obama says---it's all lies anyway. After all, he is a politician.
One size hangs on me.

catslady said...

My favorite was #4 lol.

Jana DeLeon said...

Dawn - Okay, I have to ask - what's Hanky Panky? I am afraid I'm missing out on something good!

Jana DeLeon said...

Tori - Remember when you were a kid and the president would inevitably preempt Walt Disney on Sunday night? That's probably where this television anger issue of mine originated.:)

Jana DeLeon said...

You're welcome, Christie!

Jana DeLeon said...

Well terrio - same goes for being gay too. I don't have a sticker stating what I like behind closed doors. LOL

Jana DeLeon said...

Estella - I would hate you for one size hanging on you, but you think all politicians are liars, so we're still good. :)

Jana DeLeon said...

catslady - You know those people too, huh?

♥ Dawn said...

LOL! Hanky Panky is a super popular underwear company. They sell $18, one size, stretch thongs, in every color of the rainbow.