Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Thin Mints Be Damned!




I'm sick. My throat is sore, sinuses blocked, head aches and neck swollen. I know it's bad because I'm surrounded by Girl Scout cookies and am not even interested. I can't tell you how scary that is. Maybe the pod people took me. I wonder where I went? I hope someplace warm with the old-fashioned nyquil that had real alcohol in it.


So I must apologize for not being able to come up with anything other than mucus right now. Forgive me. I'll feel better next week. Until then, I'm gonna crawl back into bed and die.


The Dying Assassin

11 comments:

Refhater said...

Get well Soon!

Jenyfer Matthews said...

I totally sympathize - I've got a nasty cold too. Feel better soon!

Christie Craig said...

Leslie,

You poor thing. Get better fast!

CC

Keri Ford said...

OUCH! Do you have a humidifier? Set it up and dump in some sage (I use regular powder sage like I cook with) in the tank. It’ll relax your throat. Have your heater set low. Hot air will irritate your throat whereas cold air will ease it. Works like a charm EVERY TIME on my little boy who’s too young for cold medicine.

Get well!

Terri Osburn said...

Keri - I didn't know any of that! Thanks for the tips.

Get well soon, Leslie!

That pic is cracking me up because I'm reading Christie's Divorced, Desperate, & Delicious and that's exactly how I picture Fabio. LOL!

Gemma Halliday said...

Oh no! Hope you feel better soon, Les!

And how come I can't find any girl scouts?! I've been looking all over for those little cookie monsters...

~Gemma

Terry S said...

Get well soon thoughts are coming your way.

Hellie Sinclair said...

Get better!

I hope this makes you feel better: I got another friend hooked on your series. She wants to know when the next one is coming out.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Leslie. Hope you feel better. Even when you're sick, you're brilliant. Hugs from here!

Leslie Langtry said...

Thanks guys. I crawled out to eat some toast and I'm going back undercover.

Big, non-contagious, virtual hugs!

Estella said...

Hope you're feeling better soon!