A week ago I blogged on Prom Night. Last night was the prom. It was my last prom—my youngest, the triplets, being seniors. Yep. My babies are all grown up. Sniff. Sniff.
Now I knew the cost of financing a girl for prom was staggering. You have the tanning sessions, the hair, the dress, the makeup, but since my son had opted not to attend prom as a junior last year, I was totally unprepared for how much the cost of renting a tuxedo for three freaking hours would be. How much you ask? One hundred twenty five smackaroos! That’s how much! Give me a break! That’s like forty dollars an hour! Let's put that in terms folks here at Killer Fiction will appreciate:
- That money investment represents 25 new mass market paperbacks I could add to my to-be-read pile.
- Or an equal number of tall French Vanilla Cappuccinos.
- Or a week’s worth of groceries (even considering the recent price hikes) or a week’s worth of eating out!!!
- Two tanks of gas in my Jimmy.
- Three months fitness club membership.
- A premium car detailing.
- And finally, a night at a really nice hotel. (which is vastly appealing right about now)
My son, not surprisingly, has a different take on how that prom night moolah might have alternatively been spent:
- Two new video game for Wii or Play Station 3.
- Some really cool jeans.
- One way air fare to
- A fancy new portfolio for his art work.
Still, a high school prom is a once in a lifetime experience. How can you place a price on that?
I’m wondering, though. If you had an extra hundred bucks to blow any way you like, how would you spend it?
Nosy Nellie here wants to know.
Have a great Sunday!
~Bullet Hole who thinks an afternoon nap sounds very appealing~