Sunday, November 18, 2007

I'm baaaaaack...

NaNoWriMo:
I've had the most unproductive 10 days with NaNoWriMo and am barely to the 1/2 mark. This week, of course, I will get nothing accomplished as I will spend Mon-Wed trying to get all the work done I haven't done in the last week and a half and Thurs-Sun eating gluttonous amounts of food.

But I'm not counting it as a failure. Not yet anyway. I've written more in the past 15 days than I have all year put together and that is progress of which I'm proud.

This year I'm thankful for:
The health of those in my family. After a challenging 18 months of benign brain tumors, terrible car accidents and cancer all my family is recovered/ing and doing well.

My son. Who just moments ago ran into the room, threw his arms around my neck and kissed me because he, in his words, "just remembered how much he loves me."

Happiness. There have been days -- too many days -- I've just felt like I was never going to be able to crawl out from underneath it all. I got to spend the past several days seeing a fabulous city through the eyes of my son. One night we were looking across the fantastic cityscape and I was at that moment the happiest I've been in a long time. It felt good. The being happy and the realizing it.

What's on your table?
This year I'm going to attempt a TurDuckEn.

And I'm gonna wrap it in bacon.

Y'all know you want some.

6 comments:

Christie Craig said...

Bethany,

Great post. I'm sure your week won't be wasted. Thanksgiving is important.

Here, I do most of the cooking, but I don't clean a dish. And I do enjoy watching everyone enjoy my spread of food.

And I can so relate to the great hug from your son. They are special.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Crime Scene Christie

Jenyfer Matthews said...

TurDukEn's rock!

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Lucy said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Great post. :-)

Bethany True said...

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!

Michele L. said...

Oooo...you are going to make a turdunken! Let me know how it turns out. My husband would love to make one also! We have heard so much about it on the food channel.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday since we see all our relatives at this time. The food is awesome also!

Happy Thanksgiving! Remember to save room for pie!

Michele

Anonymous said...

Bethany,

Have a fabulously happy Thanksgiving, and good luck with the turducken.

Faye