Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I'll Show You Mine, If You Show Me Yours...




I have finally unpacked my office. Kind of. Sort of. Okay, so what you don't see in these pictures are the four boxes still on the floor out of sight.

Anyway...I remember there was this one site once where you could look at the offices of famous writers. It was really cool, ranging from complete catastrophies to gilded antique desks with stunning vistas to a small table in the hallway. To me, it was like a voyeuristic peek into the lingerie drawers of best-selling authors.

No matter where we work, we all personalize our work area. In past day jobs, I did the same thing. Now, I actually have my own space - for the past three years in the old house, I wrote on the couch in the living room. Granted, I share my office with my husband's massive library o'death and mayhem - but it's good research. Although he wasn't too happy when I put my Wonder Woman and The Tick action figures in front of his big, tough books. Too bad.

So, here's my desk in all it's glory (which is from the Kathy Ireland collection at Oak Expressions - I kid you not). As you can see, I'm a bit hung up on Maleficent - my favorite Disney character (villains are soooo much more interesting than those wimpy princesses) and I try to keep it somewhat organized...well, at least when company's coming over.

I'd like to see the writing spaces of the other fabulous Death Divas on Killer Fiction. The gauntlet has been thrown down ladies. Let's see what you've got.

"The Assassin"

16 comments:

Jenyfer Matthews said...

Lovely! How do you get any work down with that window in front of you? My desk is set up facing away from the window (not that we have much of a view anyway)

I'd have to tidy up before I sent in any pictures though!!!

Christie Craig said...

Leslie,

All I can say is you should have never shown yours without making sure we were willing to show ours. I learned that with my first boyfriend. (Smile)

I look around my office right now and it's scary. I'm in deadline hell, promotion frenzy, and basically I'm a slob. But I promise, as soon as I get a chance to clean up, I'll snap a shot and post it to the blog.

Great post and I love your office girl.
Crime Scene Christie

Enchanted by Books said...

Oh come on your desk is too neat! I want to see a messy desk with little sticky notes and papers everywhere! :)

Enchanted by Books said...

I love seeing pictures of bookshelves actually. I found myself trying to peak at yours..lol

Stacy S said...

Nice office! Is it always so neat?

Estella said...

Great looking office!

Anonymous said...

I love your office! And that's a great desk!

Angie Fox said...

Great office - thanks for giving us a peek. I love your desk - and the view out the window.

My office is currently packed away in boxes downstairs. I had a wonderful, funky office with gold walls and velvet curtains. I loved it. But then my second child was born and he wanted a room (the nerve). Now I write on the green couch in our living room.

Come to think of it, the writing I've done on the green couch has gotten me published, so it's not an entirely bad spot after all. Plus, it's close to the fridge.

Gemma Halliday said...

Awe, come on, no one else is man enough to share? ;)

Here's mine:http://www.gemmahalliday.com/gemmasdesk.jpg

Yep, I totally stole that RITA flag from the literacy signing last year. Shhh... don't tell...

~Gemma

Dru said...

i like your office space, it looks used in. Love the desk.

Gemma's look nice as well.

Lily said...

I also have a window in front of my desk... and most of the time I am lookin outside instead of reading by med. textbooks!

Anonymous said...

I wish my daughter had a desk this clean :)

I was sent here by Lila N. when she won her copy of Unlucky!

Leslie Langtry said...

Gemma! Your office looks so cozy! Makes me want to curl up there with a good book! Thanks for all the compliments. If I don't keep it somewhat clear - I have no clue what I'm doing! And I'm pretty hard on myself. You may notice I have not submitted photos of any other room in my house.

Enchanted by Books said...

Gemma I love your desk! Nice office!! :)

Jana DeLeon said...

Well, hell - now I'll have to haul out the camera and take a picture - then figure out how to download it, and all sorts of other techie things I usually avoid. :)

But I'll try to get a pic for next Monday!

BTW - I love the desk!

Kathy Bacus said...

Prepare yourselves for when I post a picture of my garage office. All I'm gonna say now is it used to be a TV repair shop and it still stores my saddles and tack. You've been forewarned...

I really love your offices, Gemma and Leslie. But where the heck is the writer clutter???

~Bullet Hole~