Sunday, September 16, 2007

Things I Love About Autumn...


County fairs and cotton candy and creepy carnies. Football and tailgating. Sweatshirts with hoods. Caramel apples and apple pies. Changing leaves. Smell of wood burning fireplaces. Driving with my top down and heat on. Pumpkin Spice Lattes. Fewer bad hair days. Chili in bread bowls. Tights and fishnets. Autumnal displays on porches. Hay rides with horses. Toasted marshmallows. Sisterhood and pink at October Breast Cancer Awareness events. Knee socks. Rainy Sundays on the couch. High school bonfires. The comfortable weight of a heavy quilt. Mums. October brews. Candy corn candles. Sunny but cool. Remembering why I love him. White pumpkins. Flannel sheets. Reading Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret...AGAIN. Toe socks. Saturdays at the pumpkin patch. Friday night town high school games. Voting. Buying a new compact of face powder. New jeans.

Just to name a few.

11 comments:

Enchanted by Books said...

I love Autumn too but right now it is really cold in New Jersey! I can't wait for apple and pumpkin picking and wearing my long wrap around sweaters. Autumn always makes me happy and it's a beautiful time of year! :)

Babe King said...

LOL- here it is Spring, but I love pumpkin spice lattes, too. :-)

Anonymous said...

Really love all the colours used to write your post... feels like the fall!

Christie Craig said...

Ahh Bethany,

I love Autumn, too. And for the first time this morning I woke up with that sense that it was really close.

Thanks....

Crime Scene Christie

Stacy S said...

I love Autumn. It's my favorite. I agree with most of the things you love about too.

Anonymous said...

I love autumn, too. But it always scares me a little since I know that winter is soon to follow. (Of course, I live in Snow Hell so maybe that's why I feel that way. LOL.)

Faye

Laura Lee said...

Living in South Texas, I don't believe I've ever really seen an Autumn. We generally just have Hot and sometimes Cold.

Estella said...

I love autumn. It has some of the best colors of nature.

Anonymous said...

Autumn is really nice... and I think it is awesome in the North-east... though it gets cold pretty fast here and we don't enjoy it enough

Nathalie said...

I agree with Estella... the colours are amazing and I love taking long walks in the nature in the autumn :)

CrystalGB said...

Loved your post. I love a lot of those things about Autumn too.