Thursday, September 06, 2007

SPYING IN HIGH HEELS on TV


As some of you already know, my first book, SPYING IN HIGH HEELS, is in development for a TV show on the USA Network. I’m extremely excited about this, the whole experience has been a total whirlwind! Here’s the official blurb on the show:

SPYING IN HIGH HEELS follows shoe designer Maddie Springer, who realizes that her knack for fashion also serves another purpose: It makes her a great detective. Maddie's uniquely female perspective helps her pick up clues, using her designer's eye to discern tell tale shapes, colors and patterns, among other things. Along with her best friend Dana, an out-of-work actress, Maddie decides to open a detective agency operating out of her stepfather's hair salon. Producer is Larry Shuman and Executive Producer/Writer is Sara Endsley.

The production company I’ve been dealing with has been so fantastic – very into the story and wonderful about keeping me in the loop on everything. At the moment we’re waiting on script approval from the USA Network to start shooting a pilot. I haven’t read the script yet myself, but so far Maddie, Dana, and Ramirez are all apart of it, as well as a couple of fun new characters. I can’t wait to see them on the small screen!

Right now is when the USA Network execs are deciding which shows that are being pitched will draw in the biggest audience. If any of you are also jazzed about the idea of seeing Maddie and Ramirez on the small screen, there are a couple of things that you can do to help get SPYING on the air.

1. Write to the USA Network and tell them you heard about SPYING IN HIGH HEELS and can’t wait to watch it. Or, if you’ve read the book and liked it, tell them that, too!

Here’s where you can contact the programming department at the USA Network: feedback@usanetwork.com

2. Blog about it! Tell your friends, family, co-workers to write to USA. Hey, it takes a village of writers to get a book on TV, right? ;)

If SPYING IN HIGH HEELS gets network approval, the next step is to shoot a pilot! Yay! Which, of course, involves the very fun task of casting. I’ve been wracking my little brain over who I’d like to see in the role of Maddie. Blonde, bubbly, fashionista, but toally smart, too. Any suggestions? How about the hot Latin lead, homicide detective Jack Ramirez?

~Trigger Happy Halliday

P.S. I’m heading out of town to speak at a writing conference in Kansas this morning, so I won’t have Internet access until Sunday. But, I’ll check back in on you all then!

28 comments:

Christie Craig said...

Gemma,

I'm so excited for you. I'd love to see Maddie on the small screen.

Hmmm.... I'll have to think about the actors for the roles.

Crime Scene Christie

Anonymous said...

I found Killer Fiction.
I think this Blog is great.
Everything you need to know
and all in order.

Keep up the good work (All the
great books you're writing)

Sharon Baker
slpetera@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

After reading your blog, I am
eager to look for and read your books.

Thank you for writing them.
Sharon Baker
slpetera@yahoo.com

Stacy S said...

That's so cool!! I loved the book. Congrats.

Anonymous said...

Great news, Gemma. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and Maddie!

Faye, who loves USA Network and thinks SPYING IN HIGH HEELS would make an excellent addition

Anonymous said...

Very cool!!! USA has a couple of my very favorite shows: Psych and Burn Notice. You'll be in good company! :)

Sin said...

Gemma!

I've been meaning to tell you for a while now that I love your books! I happened upon Spying in High Heels by accident when it first came out and I go to the counter at B&N religious to ask when the next one will come out. Just read Undercover in High Heels and you just keep getting better and better!

Maddie is one of my favorite heroines! And this is really great news! Congrats, congrats, congrats!

Unknown said...

Spying in High heels sounds great. I wish you luck with USA which is one of my favorite stations to watch.

Mendy said...

I'm so exciting about Maddie coming to the screen! I love the USA Network's programming and I'm happy to send them a letter.

I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Hi Gemma,

Cool I love your High Heels series and would love to see Maddie on the small screen!

Terri W.

Dru said...

I would love to see Maddie on screen. I think her stories would be a welcome presence on USA.

Joan said...

After reading about Spying In High Heels I can't wait to read the book and watch it on TV. Good Luck. How many are there in your High Heel Series? I am a huge fan of series.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see Maddie on the big screen. I just purchased Undercover in High Heels and I read it in one day. I just couldn't put it down. After I am done reading your book I am disappointed when it's over becasue I have to wait until March until the new one comes out. Having the show to watch will definatly make it easier to get through the time between books. Is the show going to be exactly like the book or is Maddie and hunky Ramirez going to have new adventures??

Anonymous said...

Wow... that must be exciting... seeing your book on the small screen!

Nathalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nathalie said...

Ok... I forgot to log as a blogger. I am quite new to the experience... but I love it.

Anonymous said...

I wish I had the USA network... but that is great, your book turned into a serie... I guess I will have to wait forever for a DVD.

Anonymous said...

I never read your book... but it talks about shoes and I am a shoe fanatic... so now it is on My to Buy list.

Anonymous said...

I really love books and when i saw an email from Kathleen Bacus telling me about this contest i wanted to try to enter it. I look forward to reading all kinds of books i really dont have a favorite kind. I like mysterys romance and some paranormal.
falconstudent_2008@yahoo.com

Angie Fox said...

Wow, Gemma! Congratulations!!! I had no idea. But I love your books and I can totally see why USA is interested in Maddie for a series. Way to go!

Gemma Halliday said...

Just got back home from a writing conference and (of course) checked the blog first thing. Thanks so much everyone! I’m so glad someone other than me and my mother will be watching Maddie. :)

Joan – right now there are 3 books out in the series out, with 2 more planned to be release in 2008 and 2009. After that, who knows.

Delia – I haven’t seen the script yet, so I’m not sure exactly how close the story is to the book. But, the producers have told me they wanted to keep as many of the elements in the book as possible. Of course a TV show is really different time-wise than a book, so we’ll have to see how they work it. I do know that in the TV series, Maddie and Dana open a detective agency, which I think is a great idea to keep cases coming their way week after week.

~Gemma

CrystalGB said...

That is great. I hope USA decides to make the show. I would love to watch it.

Cheryl said...

I definitely want to see Maddie hit the USA line-up. I sent my email. Hope it makes a difference.

Cheryl

barb said...

I have read all three of your high heels books and loved them. They are fresh and funny and romantic too! Great Job. I hope the TV series takes off and I would definitely watch.

Anonymous said...

Can we get an update on this? What's the status of it becoming a series. Sounds like something I'd like to watch.

Anonymous said...

I love theses books and can't wait to see them on TV

Kierney Cooper said...

hello,

i love your books sooo much and me and my best friend couldnt put them down for days! even my teachers were getting mad that i was reading every chance i got! and arent they supposed to promote it? lol.
anyway, me and my friend are really excited for the show and think that Maddie should be played by Kate Hudson. were still pondering who should play Jack! i dont think anyones good enough! lol

-kierney

Lauriann K said...

Oh my gosh, is this still a maybe show for USA after 5 years?? I hope so, because I am going to write to them!!! This is amazing, my favorite books on my favorite channel!!! Oh my gosh!!!!
And for casting:
Maddie - Reese Witherspoon or Sara Paxton
Ramirez (sigh...I hate it when I fall for fake guys ie: Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Ramirez, etc.) - there is no one that I can find that even comes close to portraying this character
Dana - Tara Reid