Wednesday, January 30, 2013

In The Beginning...There Was This Cuban Restaurant in Dallas...

Jana, Kathy, Christie, Gemma, Me & Farrah at that Cuban restaurant, July 2007
 
This is where it all began.  July 2007, in a Cuban restaurant in Dallas.  Dorchester Publishing took its authors to dinner.  And while we were sitting there, eating, drinking and laughing, an idea was born.  Our then editor, Leah Hultenschmidt, suggested that since we wrote funny, mystery/romance - we should get together and create a blog.  By August, Killer Fiction was live.
 
Authors have come and gone, but the core is there and if I do say so myself - we are still as wickedly entertaining as we were 5 years ago.  Gemma's had some adorable babies and Christie's still cracks us up...Kathy has seen her tripletts through college and Jana is building us all new houses with retaining walls...and my hair is gray.  Well, more like silver, actually.
 
Thank you friends for making Killer Fiction so much fun to be a part of.  We are not going away - just to another place at Facebook.  Look for us there.  And watch for some exciting projects coming down the pike (does anyone know what a pike is and why you'd come 'down' it?).
 
Stay in touch (don't make me come after you).  We'll see you over on Facebook!
 
With love,
The Assassin
 


7 comments:

PATRICIA said...

I will miss you most of all Leslie, have really enjoyed the Blog. Just not a Facebook kind of gal. Will stay in touch by email. Warmly, Pat

Terri Osburn said...

Y'all have had a good run and I think this is a natural progression these days. No worries about losing touch. You can't get rid of me that easy. :)

Leslie Langtry said...

Thanks Pat! Please do keep in touch via email! I love hearing from you!

Leslie Langtry said...

Awesome Terri! And your book comes out soon!!! Yay!!!

Brandy said...

Will be on the lookout for y'all on Facebook for updates!

Kristi said...

Thanks for making me laugh for the last 5 years Leslie. See you on Facebook.

Jessica L. Smith said...

After being in relationship with Wilson for seven years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that don't believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I meant a spell caster called Dr Zuma zuk and I email him, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the spell caster, his email: spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com or call him +2349055637784 you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything. CONTACT HIM NOW FOR SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS'