Saturday, October 06, 2012

Ghosts, Witches, & Demons, Oh My!

Please join me in welcoming the fabulous paranormal author, Deanna Chase...

 

I think I heard someone say it’s fall. You know, that time of year when the leaves start to change, a chill forms in the air, and Halloween is just around the corner. So far here in Louisiana, temperatures are still in the nineties and the leaves never turn a vibrant color. They just turn brown and clutter the sidewalks. But we do have plenty of Halloween candy.

And ghosts. Or at least a couple. I’ve been convinced our house is haunted for a few years now. I often hear footsteps across our old wood floors late at night. I know it isn’t the husband (the only other person in the house) because he’s kinda a loud sleeper. I can hear him from my office where I spend most late nights with my fingers glued to the keyboard. We also smell random cigar smoke every now and then in the bathroom, which is really odd since it’s in the middle of the house and doesn’t have any windows. Even so, our house ghost appears to be harmless. He doesn’t move my keys or steal the blankets or terrorize the dogs. So I’m good with letting him stay.

We recently learned the lot next to us is haunted. Or at least our neighbor who used to live there before the house burned down is convinced there is a ghost. It’s a woman who slipped in the bathtub. He says she still roams the property. That kind of freaks me out, because I’ve never seen our ghost. But every time I walk past the dining room windows, I catch myself looking for that lady ghost wandering around. And wouldn’t you know it, that’s always late at night, after I’ve been writing about ghosts, witches and demons!

Lord, I hope ghosts are all we’re dealing with, cause I sure wouldn’t want to be Jade, the star of my Jade Calhoun Series. She’s already dealt with a few ghosts, a possession, and a soul-stealing demon. As much fun as it is to write, I’d much prefer my simple life behind my keyboard. She takes it all in stride though, putting it all on the line to save those she loves.
This fall also marks a new Jade Calhoun release, Demons of Bourbon Street. It’s the third book in the series following Haunted on BourbonStreet and Witches of Bourbon Street.

Demons of Bourbon Street is available at:

New Orleans coven leader, Jade Calhoun, is embarking on a Hellish mission. Literally. A week ago her ex sacrificed himself to Hell in order to save Jade’s mother. While he suffers, Jade will stop at nothing to bring him home…even if it means working with Lailah, an angel she’s never trusted.

But the stakes are raised when Jade discovers her boyfriend, Kane, is marked by a demon. The very same one who tried seducing him right before Jade’s eyes. Now Kane’s life is on the line, and consequently, Jade’s soul is compromised. She’ll need all the help she can get, including Lailah’s, as she fights her way through Hell to save her ex and Kane—and her entire existence.

~Deanna

No comments: