Friday, May 11, 2012

Pointe is available for the NOOK!

The long-awaited day is finally here! The second YA book in my Dani Spevak Mystery Series, Pointe of No Return, is now available exclusively for the NOOK! And there is much dancing and shouting through the land!

Or at least in my house.

Seriously though, I'm uber-excited, because B&N chose this book as for their NOOK First program. B&N chooses 8 books per month for this program, and mine will be one of the 4 spotlighted starting on Monday. Cool, huh?

As a result, I agreed not to make the book available in any other format or from any other retailer until June 13. So print readers and Kindle owners, you'll just have to wait. Sorry!

But here's what the book is about:

Aspiring ballerina Dani Spevak’s visions of sugar plums are dashed when she’s assigned to understudy her nemesis, Hadley Taylor, in the Nutcracker. Pretty, popular, and rich, that girl has all the luck. Or so she thought.

When Hadley mysteriously disappears with opening night just around the corner, Dani can’t sit idly by, even if it means losing the part. Now she’s running all over Phoenix in a race against the clock. From reality TV trophy wives to sleazy real estate developers to a possible drug ring, the cast of suspects begins to add up. Will she find Hadley before the curtain rises?

“From the authentic atmosphere of a ballet boarding school to the recognizable humor and angst of teenage girls, POINTE OF NO RETURN hits all the right notes and kept me turning the pages.”
- Former professional ballerina Miriam Landis-Wenger, author of GIRL IN MOTION and BREAKING POINTE

"POINTE OF NO RETURN had me anxiously watching the mystery unfold. Amanda Brice provides a fresh voice and bouncy writing style that will have you entertained from the get-go."
- Marley Gibson, author of the popular GHOST HUNTRESS series and RADIATE

Sound good? Leave a comment no later than Mother's Day at noon EST (Sunday, May 13, 2012) and you'll be entered to win one of 3 copies in the e-book format of your choice. This is the only way to get a non-NOOK version before June 13!

Tell your friends!

18 comments:

Sylvester Katt said...

Wishing you good luck on your new book! :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that blurb! Good luck with the release. :)

Laura Pauling said...

Congrats! I'll have to go check out the first book!

Linda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda said...

Looks great!

RaeBeth McGee-Buda said...

Looks like a great book. Congrats on your new book.

sania said...

Congratulations! Lookin forward to read it soon!!

Heather said...

I want one:) looks great!

Heather said...

I want one:) looks great!

Heather said...

I want one:) looks great!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Can't wait to read it. :)

~Dara E.

Dariel Raye said...

Congratulations, Amanda! Looks like a great read. Anything about the "other" arts captures my attention :-)

Suzasstuff said...

Sounds great count me in

Suzasstuff said...

Sounds great count me in

Liese said...

LOVE the cover! Congrats on all the praise it's getting!

Literary Mafia said...

Congrats on your new book. B&N is very clever.

Cynthia Justlin said...

I think I'm late! That's what I get for living in AZ. LOL. But the book sounds fabulous, and I'm bummed I have to wait to get it for my Kindle!

Anonymous said...

Congrars to Laura Pauling, Suzasstuff, and Cynthia Justlin!

Please email me at contactamandabrice at gmail dot com