Monday, May 28, 2012

Monday Holiday

The best kind of holidays are when they fall on a Monday. I absolutely loathe Mondays. It's the worst day of the week for me. If I had 52 sick days, I'd call in sick every Monday. But today is a holiday, so yea! I plan to write, write, write and sleep on my float in the pool. You can't get any better than that!

Saw a couple of movies this weekend: The Chernobyl Diaries and MIB 3. The Chernobyl Diaries was disappointing, following a long list of disappointing horror movies that I've seen in the past couple of years. Why can't someone make a decent horror movie? Someone? Anyone?

MIB 3 was great! And you actually found out some of K and J's backstory, which I thought added a lot of depth to the plot. Very nice job and some laugh out loud parts that you always get.

So what are your plans? Anything fun?

Deadly DeLeon

4 comments:

James Aach said...

FYI: If you have any interest in what actually happened at Chernobyl (real-life horror) there is an "entertaining" summary of the event in my novel Rad Decision, which is avaialble free online at http://RadDecision.blogspot.com . The Chernobyl section is linked on the homepage. I work in the US nuclear industry, so I have some idea what I'm talking about.

Jana DeLeon said...

James - that must be fascinating work. I'm off to check out your blog!

Kathy Bacus said...

We went to see Dark Shadows yesterday. Sorry to say, I'm not a fan. It seemed to me like they couldn't decide what kind of film to make and ultimately threw in bits and pieces of everything.

As a fan of the original(a very young fan I might add)it was a disappointment.

Brandy said...

I haven't been to the movies in I don't know how long. We spent the day visiting with the Out-laws (my In-Laws) and I still have plans to mow the lawn. When it cools down. Yikes!