Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leslie Langtry Rides Again...





Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay... I'm finally gonna do it..................
By this time next week, THE ADULTERER'S UNOFFICIAL GUIDE TO FAMILY VACATIONS will be up for sale at all the usual places. I'm hoping to have it available in paperback form in a month.

And I'm a nervous wreck.

This is my first, non-Bombay book. And it's a totally different book than my Bombay books. First of all, it's very naughty. There's a lot of explicit sex in it. This means that no relative of mine (possibly including people at work I'd have to look at every day) can never read it. Really, I'll be misinterpreting snickers at family gatherings for the next year.

Second - it's a bit controversial. I know, I know, the Bombay books were considered controversial too. But this one is different. Two married people have an affair on a family vacation. Three out of my four early readers loved it. One hated it. I don't NEED to be loved by all my readers. And I tend to laugh at the wacky reviews on Amazon. But this person HATED it. That scares me a little.

Third - I'm just a nervous wreck. I'm just that way. Every time one of my books came out, I cringed. Reviewers always liked them but that didn't matter.

But this time is different. I'm doing it myself. There's no editor to say I can't have a reference to bear sodomy or that it's blonde not blond (which, by the way, I still don't get). It's 100% risk and it's all on me if it flops.

So we will see what happens. I'll give you an update. Once I come out from under the couch, that is...

The Assassin

6 comments:

Terri Osburn said...

I AM SO EXCITED!!! That cover is GORGEOUS and perfect for this book. Once readers give it a chance, they won't be able to put it down. I know I couldn't. :)

You're a ballsy lady. Send this puppy out there then sit back and relax. Maybe with a stiff drink. Or four.

Leslie Langtry said...

You heard it here first! Terri has given me permission to start drinking at 9am at the day job!

Robin Kaye said...

Oh damn. I have to wait until I meet my deadline to read it. It has all my favorite things in it. You're not helping with my deadline problem, my dear.

As for your family reading it. My dad read Romeo, Romeo and called me. He said he hoped I had a very good imagination. I said yeah, and all three kids were immaculate conceptions. Dream on!

Terri Osburn said...

I'll write you a note if necessary. Hell, tell 'em I said you could take the day off!

Kima said...

I have loved every one of your books, Leslie, and I have no doubt I will love this one too. Don't worry so much. Everything will be fine. Just have that drink(s) Terri is talking about and think of all the new fans you are going to uncover thanks to this book!

Leslie Langtry said...

I'll have to wait until I get home. I have to speak to a group of middle school writers in an hour and I don't want to slur my words...too much.