Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What I Am Thankful For...

My kids went to Disneyland this past weekend and this is their favorite picture;



I am thankful for Dove dark chocolates and believe the creators should win a Nobel Peace Prize. I know that eating those have given many, many idiots one more (no matter how underserving) chance at life.

I am thankful that there are people on this earth who think I am funny. I'd rather make people laugh than cry. Seriously...once they start weeping, it's really really hard to get a laugh.

I am thankful for basset hounds. It doesn't matter how bad a day you have, one look at a basset hound's face and you forget your troubles. That's because they look so guilty you have to go and check the garbage or catbox. And then your anger pretty much cancels everything else out.

I am thankful for the wonderful, funny women who write, read and comment on this blog - you guys crack me up. YOU GUYS ROCK!

Oh yeah, and I'm thankful for my kids, Mr. Assassin and stuff.

Happy Thanksgiving My Friends!

The Assassin


11 comments:

krisgils33 said...

I'm thankful for the usual. But, I'm also thankful for all those writers out there, doing their thing, so I can have something to look forward to at the end of the evening. My escape, my relaxation...all in a book.

Christie Craig said...

Hi Leslie,

Happy Thanksgiving. I agree chocolate, pets, and fans are on my thankful list, too.

CC

Leslie Langtry said...

You are right! I hadn't thanked the many authors who keep my head above water every night from 9-11pm!

Robin Kaye said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm thankful to The Carlisle Cross ing, PA Starbucks where I have now written 4 books--okay, almost 4, but my deadline isn't until 12/15. I'm eternally grateful for whoever figured out how to make coffee--He or she deserves sainthood. I'm thankful for dark chocolate, my kids have been known to walk to the store and buy me dark chocolate when I'm having a bad day. I'm thankful for my children who are not only geniuses, but are kind, caring and incredibly talented. I'm thankful for my pets who star in all my books, my fans who write me and beg for more (I really, really am so thankful to them!) and for Mr. Red Hot.

Leslie Langtry said...

Robin, my pug and guinea pig have been featured in my books too. Aren't pets awesome? And they NEVER think I look fat in these jeans.

Terri Osburn said...

And Blogger ate my comment. *sigh*

Thanks, Leslie, for hours of great reading and hanging with me at conferences when you could be spending your time with actual important people. :)

Especially grateful for my goofy kiddo, two crazy cats, and my new house. Oh, and that I get out of the office in less than an hour!

Leslie Langtry said...

Teri, you ARE important people. That's why I hang out with you!

Tori Lennox said...

I'm thankful for my family and friends, all the wonderful writers I've met online and who've become friends and written so many fabulous books. I'm also thankful for chocolate and wish I had some right now. *g*

Leslie Langtry said...

Tori, I'm sending you virtual chocolate right now with my mind.

Terri Osburn said...

You're so sweet. I'm bringing you dark chocolate the next time I see you.

A.Y. Stratton said...

Loved your thankful post! I agree with many of your adjustments to the aging process, including the shoe problem. I still buy the sexy ones, but put them on, take them off and return them. (My husband is adjusting.) I do wish my skin still resisted gravity. It grows like a wool sweater that wasn't supposed to be washed. With snow fluttering in my backyard, I am putting heated car seats right up near the top of my thankful list!