I'm having to write this on the run. You see, I just got back from national, and I have a lot of very incriminating photos of Trigger Happy and The Assasin. Yep. I caught them in the act several times in San Francisco. So, with a near hurricane blowing into Houston this morning, and with those two on my tail, I figure I'd better head out of town for a while. I'll catch with you guys a little later in the day...and I'll blog about the conference (and post those blackmail pics) in a few weeks.
~Crime Scene Christie
Yeah, I know this is coming a little late but I still want to do a little survey here. And guys, you can play too if you’re brave enough.
1) How many of my Killer Fiction readers watched Sex and the City on television?
2) How many went to see the movie? And who did you take with you?
3) Now, what did you guys think? Did the movie do the sitcom justice? Was there a favorite scene/part?
Okay, now let’s move to some personal stuff. (Don’t you love personal stuff?)
4) Which of our Sex and the City Girls are you most like in how you approach men/dating/sex? Are you a Carrie, a Charlotte, a Miranda, or a Samantha? (Now, I’m not going to characterize them for you, because part of how you perceive them, will probably tell a lot about yourself.) Are you mixture of all of them? How so?
5) Who do you secretly wish you were more like?
And since it’s not fair to ask you to fill out a survey and not make me do it, I’ll play along too.
1) We at the Craig house are just now getting cable. (Remember the blogs about my hubby being very frugal?) So, I’ve been watching the reruns on regular television and have rented two of the series on DVD and watched them.
2) I did see the movie and here’s the kicker. I saw it with the biggest Sex-and-the-City fan I know. My hubby. Yep, you read that right. I mean, he was out on the first night’s release, fought the crowd and everything, to get good seats. When I teased him about it, his reply was: “Hey, what other movie could I get brownie points for taking my wife to see that included naked women, sex, and I would probably be one of the very few males in a theater full of other beautiful women?” (Yeah, he was put in the doghouse for that little remark!)
3) I loved the movie and I thought it did an excellent job of portraying the characters that I had grown to know through the sitcom. My favorite part? Okay, for those who know me, or have read a lot of blogs/books, you might be able to guess this. I’m sort of a fan of potty humor. I think my favorite line/part was when Carrie told Charlotte, and I’m paraphrasing here. “Hon’, you’re also the gal who shit her pants this year; your life isn’t perfect.”
4) (Hmm…now for the personal stuff.) Well, because I value home and hearth, I sometimes see a bit of Charlotte in me--someone who wants the family and a good hubby, but also appreciates what else a good husband can bring to the table. Ooh..la…la. This said, I also relate with Carrie in her career focus and the sometimes zany way she relates to men, romance, and sex. I love her spirit, and can really relate to the way she analyzes life and all the little things that happen. I probably approach life a little more like Carrie than I do Charlotte. However, I could never pull off those outfits or wear some of those shoes.
5) Why do I feel a lot of us will say we secretly wish we had a little more Samantha in us? Well, I love family and having someone to walk through life with and wouldn’t really want to live the single girl’s life forever. (Although, a few days is fun to fantasize about.) I really admire Samantha’s boldness, and her sense of self. To me, Samantha may be a little selfish at times, but her ability to know what she wants and put her own needs out there is something I admire. I guess I secretly wish I s had a little bit more Samantha in me.
Okay, there you have it. Now, let’s here from you guys. Come on, it will be fun.
Crime Scene Christie
Tuesday, August 05, 2008
Posted by Christie Craig at 4:47 AM