Sunday, August 10, 2008

Cover Model Julian Fantechi

And the winner of the hot Ellora's Cave playing cards pack is... Cassandra! Cassandra, email me with your snail mail address and I'll get your prize out to you ASAP. Congrats! gemmasreadermail@gmail.com

Welcome to our anniversary party!!!!

Today Killer Fiction is one year old, and Kathy, Christie, Jana, Leslie and I could not be more thrilled! We’re so psyched that all of you have enjoyed our thoughts, musings, and general ramblings over the past year. Thanks for making our jobs so fun and we hope to spend many more years just like this one.

So, without further ado… let’s get this party started! Today I’m giving away a pack of super hot Ellora’s Cave playing cards to one lucky commenter. All you have to do to be entered is post a comment to this thread! Something that should be easy when I introduce our special guest to kick off party week… Julian Fantechi! He’s a model/actor/all-around-totally-hot-guy who has been featured in magazines ranging from Playgirl to Men’s Health, with even a stint on Ugly Betty last year. I was lucky enough to catch up to Julian for an interview this week and here’s what the superstud had to say…


Gemma: Julian, thanks so much for coming to play with us. I've been to your website (http://www.julian-fantechi.com) and all I can say is – wow! You have an impressive body of work. (No pun intended.) Playgirl, Men's Health, even a stint on the TV show Ugly Betty. And you were named Playgirl Magazine's Man of the Year 2007. (And I can see why!) So, what was it like being in Playgirl?

Julian: Thank you. Playgirl has been a fun and awesome experience. The shots I did have all been tasteful and artistic. However I am done with posing in the magazine. From now on my clothes stay on.

Gemma: (pouting just a little... really? All the clothes have to stay on?) Okay, so, how does doing print work compare to film or TV? Can you tell us a little bit about your experiences on Ugly Betty?

Julian: Working on Ugly Betty was a lot of fun. Getting to meet the main characters and see all the work the goes on behind the scenes was totally cool.

Gemma: I gotta tell you, you were hot on that show. That six pack you have would make Budweiser jealous. Do you follow a special workout regimen or do anything special to get ready for a shoot?

Julian: I am a natural bodybuilder and put in long hard sessions at the gym. Getting ready for a shoot is a great motivator. Knowing that I am going to have my shirt off in front of the camera makes me work harder in the gym. Don't want to show up for a shoot and have them look at me and say um......are you sure you are Julian Fantechi? LOL.

Gemma: Trust me, there's no mistaking that bod. ;) Okay, the girls would never forgive me if I didn't ask this one – are you as romantic in real life as the characters you portray on romance novel covers?

Julian: I love doing romance novel covers and hope to do more in the future. Romance is an art form and something that needs to developed and worked on. Women are very special and I appreciate and respect them with all my heart. They truly are the better gender. For without them man would have nothing to live for!

Gemma: I like the way you think. So, what's next for you? Any fun projects on the horizon?

Julian: I'm hoping to get more into acting in future. I was just offered a part in community theater presentation of the Full Monty and a part in an independent film. So let's see where this wonderful road will lead me. Hopefully into all of your hearts.

Gemma: I could definitely see you doing the Full Monty justice! Thanks so much for coming to chat with us, and best of luck to you in all your future projects!




Be sure to join us tomorrow as the anniversary party continues with more fun prizes and Jana "Deadly" DeLeon's story of how she got "The Call" and sold her first book!


~ Gemma "Trigger Happy" Halliday

33 comments:

Cheryl said...

Happy Anniversary, ladies!
Gemma, you are SO good to us! I enjoyed the interview and REALLY, REALLY enjoyed the pics.

Cheryl S.

Keri Ford said...

Okay, I really like this guy. What can I say? I'm a sucker for a charmer.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, Killer Fiction!!

And what a great interview with Julian. It sounds as though he's destined for success. Best of luck!!

Faye

kmt1976 said...

I totally agree with keri
Karin

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!! Great interview.

Cinthia Hamer said...

Happy Anniversary, Killer Fiction! :) What a nice way to wake up this morning. Julian is one hot guy...

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversay to the Romance Divas. Julian is really hot. I now have a picture in my mind when I read all of those "hot" novels you ladies put out. Thanks for the great interview Gemma

Linda C

Angie Fox said...

Oh my. Oh my. Thank you for that. What a nice start to the morning!

Happy anniversary!!!

Anonymous said...

Well Happy Anniversary!
Congrats on such a wonderful year.
Do you guys have a cake topper to eat, or at least champagne for such a celebration?
I agree with Cinthia... that is a definite great way to wake up in the morning. *sigh*
:D

Allison said...

Happy Anniversary! I look forward to reading many years more or your posts. And what a way to kick off your anniversary week.
Hmm, new desktop wallpaper...

Meljprincess said...

Happy Anniversary! Thanks for all the fantastic books!

Yea, nice six pack....

Faye? Where can I get a copy of your book? I'd love to have it. Thanks.

Mel K.

Cheryl said...

Ok Wow! My heart is racing and the tempurature just got even hotter in here. Thanks for the great interview. What a great morning this turned out to be.

Happy Anniversary

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! The pics are HOT!!! Thanks for all the great inreviews and reviews.

Unknown said...

Oh.My.God. Really, that's all I can get out right now. That is one seriously hot guy!!!
:)
Becky

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st Anniversary to all of you! What a way to start your celebration. That guy is terrific, with all the blarney, I thought he was Irish...LOL

Estella said...

Happy anniversary, ladies!
The pics were awesome.

Gemma Halliday said...

Thanks, ladies!! I can't believe we've been here for a whole year already. It's really true - time flies when you're having a blast.

And, yeah, I had a happy day putting those pics up. ;)

~Gemma

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary!

And...yummy man :)

Beth said...

I'm sorry. By the time I got to comments I realized that the only thing I had read was that it's your anniversary. I got distracted by the pics. Oops! Happy Anniversary ladies!

Jax Cassidy said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! What a great way to celebrate!

Julian is a total sweetheart! He's smart, genuine, and equally charming in person.... :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, not bad. That's a biiig rope in the first pic. *snerk* And hey, he doesn't look like jailbait. All in all, verra niiice.

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary ladies! I love the way you are starting your party. What better way then with a sexy hunk!!!!

Anne Carrole said...

Great interview Gemma with Julian. Thanks Killer Fiction for celebrating your anniversary in such an inspiring way--and thanks Julian for working out so hard to keep us inspired!

Happy Anniversary KF

Jeanette J said...

Happy Anniversary! What a great way to start the week off....sigh...nice interview (and eye candy)

Sue A. said...

Happy Anniversary! You've had a killer year!

Jill James said...

Happy Anniversary Ladies.

Whoa baby!! That's one way to start the day. He seems nice too. thank you for the pics.

catslady said...

Happy Anniversary!! and Wow, what a great way to start it off!

Cassandra said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! Woot!

Great interview. I'd love to have two of Julian, then he could star on my romance cover for Soul of the Sea. Oh my!

Hot twin brothers... ::fans self::

ShellyBlake said...

Happy Anniversary!!

And all I can say is "Ai yi yi, what a hottie!" what a great interview Julian!

Suzan Harden said...

Ahhhh...

Gemma and Julian, you've made my day!

Happy Anniversary, Killer Fiction!

Anonymous said...

Wait, wait, I had no idea! Mamma Mia! Had I known I would have put on some lipstick and my high heels before opening your page. Never mind, need a cold shower...later, Maria Grazia Swan

Margay Leah Justice said...

Is it legal to have a body like that? Wow! What more can I say?

Anonymous said...

where and when will Julian be in a community theater production of the full monty?