Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Year of Challenges Gives Way to a Year of New Beginnings

2010 was a crappy year. No getting around it. It simply sucked. From chronic basement flooding exacerbated by an inept city public works department to a devastating diagnosis for a loved one that included months of grueling medical treatment and putting my writing on the back burner, it's been a heckuva year. This good ol' girl won't be sorry to see 2010 in her rear view mirror, that's for sure.

That said, I've never been one to dwell on the past. So, I'm looking ahead to 2011 with hope and optimism. And let's face it. Things have got to get better.

2011 looks to be a year of change. And change is good. Or so I'm assuring myself.

Changes that are in the offing?

  • Empty nest syndrome, anyone? Looks like the first of the year will see the triplets all three away at college and Mom banging around in an empty house.
  • A move in the making? With gas prices on the rise and my 45-minute commute getting old, a hunt for a house closer to work and friends is definitely a possibility come spring.
  • Back in the book business? With more 'me' time on the horizon--and a ton of writing related 'to-dos', I'm itching to get back to a regular writing schedule.
  • Less is more. A simpler life with less 'stuff' and more 'substance' is a continuing goal.
I'm looking forward to new opportunities, new challenges, and a new prospective in the upcoming year.
What do you hope/wish/expect 2011 to hold in store for you? How do you plan to say adios to 2010?
Best wishes for a safe, healthy, happy new year! See you in 2011!
~Bullet Hole~

6 comments:

Robin Kaye said...

Kathy~ I have to agree with you, 2010 sucked big-time. I too am looking forward to 2011 with hope.

I'm looking forward to more writing and a more balanced life with more quality time for my family and friends

Christie Craig said...

Happy New Year, Kathy. Here's hoping it's a great year for everyone.

My hope for 2011, is to be more productive. Not to work longer hours, just be more productive of the time I spend at the computer.

CC

Kathy Bacus said...

Glad I'm not alone in sending 2010 off with a rather loud raspberry, Robin.

And I love the sound of more balance within the sometimes chaotic confines of the life we lead. Simplicity plus balance will, I think, serve me well in the new year.

Blessings!

Kathy Bacus said...

Happy New Year to you, too, Crime Scene!

I agree. I think it's important as writers to utilize tools that will make those hours at the keyboard more productive ones. I'm hoping that Operation K.I.S.S. (Keep it simple, stupid)will provide more unstructured time to permit ideas to percolate so the words find their way on the page with more ease and economy of effort.

Have a safe New Year!

Suzan Harden said...

Hope you have a fabulous 2011, Kathy! You deserve it!

Kathy Bacus said...

Thanks, Suzan! I'll take it! And right back at you...!